Minimum level of damage due to AC

You need help? Check the general infos or post your question here!
Elbin

Minimum level of damage due to AC

Post by Elbin » Wed May 10, 2017 10:33 pm

What's the threshold if any? Can the damage you receive from attacks go down to 0 if your armour is high enough, or is there some minimal amount that cannot be avoided?
Respect all...

Hamjam

Re: Minimum level of damage due to AC

Post by Hamjam » Thu May 11, 2017 5:32 am

Elbin wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 10:33 pm What's the threshold if any? Can the damage you receive from attacks go down to 0 if your armour is high enough, or is there some minimal amount that cannot be avoided?
Armor can deflect incoming damage. You have to keep in mind the enemy is hitting you with each tick. Also keep in mind armor or armour or whatever does not actually deflect the exact amount of damage absorbed. If I could run around with 45-50....85 armor and assume its absorbing that much damage the game would be broken. At least this is how I understand it. Anyone who has an accurate metric care to chime in? My experience or maybe impression is that armor is it is not quite accurately reflected in game.

Maybe I just cant read. Yet basically I doubt there is a build right now where all damage can be ignored purely based on your armour stat. Which if was the case would be kinda game breaking.
"The world is a cold and brutal place. Yet there is glory to be had out there in wasteland."

Say hi if I see you out there.

Elbin

Post by Elbin » Thu May 11, 2017 5:37 am

I am asking because of the armour explanation in the manual, which seems quite clear. It is of course logical to not remove all damage, but the actual formula requires clarifying. The effect I've seen at levels 30+ is not exactly as expected, especially with weak enemies.
Respect all...

Hamjam

Post by Hamjam » Thu May 11, 2017 5:39 am

Elbin wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 5:37 am I am asking because of the armour explanation in the manual, which seems quite clear. It is of course logical to not remove all damage, but the actual formula requires clarifying. The effect I've seen at levels 30+ is not exactly as expected, especially with weak enemies.

I agree and have no real answer. The formula would help a lot of people. Armour has little relevance in this game at the moment. I would hope that changes.
"The world is a cold and brutal place. Yet there is glory to be had out there in wasteland."

Ryaca

Post by Ryaca » Thu May 11, 2017 11:55 am

Do monster's critical hits affect this?

Elbin

Post by Elbin » Thu May 11, 2017 1:10 pm

Ryaca wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 11:55 am Do monster's critical hits affect this?
Yesterday I donned my best tough-guy stuff and went to shake hands with a squoyote. I killed the first, the second got me. It was quite fun looking at how I got hit for a small amount two times per second with hardly any beats missing (well, fun apart from the fact that the thing was eating me obviously). However, the amount of damage I took was quite uniform, meaning that I did not receive any crits. This was strange, taking into account the fact that I received between twenty and thirty hits in the process. Either my 25% crit resist neutralized the crits (almost) fully, or there is a bug there too.
Respect all...

Ryaca

Post by Ryaca » Thu May 11, 2017 1:17 pm

Ok thanks. That is strange.

Aegis

Post by Aegis » Thu May 11, 2017 3:55 pm

enemies have armor pierce ammount too :)

and the AC could be intended in % (50 being 50% damange reduction)

This is taken in consideration, but AP the enemies have ignore the AC, so even at 100 armor (supposedly 100% damange reduction) you do take no normal damange from enemies, but still take the AP damange ( so no real invincibility exists)

This would explain why one still takes some damange from bugs even at lvl 30
Aegis :: Retired Senior Game Master (SGM)
Languages: English, Italian, German

FAQ:
http://ov.dmgamestudio.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=229
Game Rules:
http://ov.dmgamestudio.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=151

Hamjam

Post by Hamjam » Thu May 11, 2017 7:34 pm

Aegis wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 3:55 pm enemies have armor pierce ammount too :)

and the AC could be intended in % (50 being 50% damange reduction)

This is taken in consideration, but AP the enemies have ignore the AC, so even at 100 armor (supposedly 100% damange reduction) you do take no normal damange from enemies, but still take the AP damange ( so no real invincibility exists)

This would explain why one still takes some damange from bugs even at lvl 30
So presumably if I had 100 armour, I would be taking no standard damage since it seems most mobs currently do not exceed that or it represents a %. Yet ALL armour peirce damage is getting through with exception to dodged attacks? I feel like I am getting a better understanding of it, but not fully.

I started a new character and outfitted him with a mk 3 chestplate, biker jeans, sheriffs hat and a t-shirt. I was fighting bralwers at lvl 2 and absorbing a LOT of their damage. Maybe I was just getting lucky. :lol:

Edited to add that maybe this also counters my claim its somewhat irrelevant....hahah.