The Idea Wasteland

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!
Alko

The Idea Wasteland

Post by Alko » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:16 pm

The Idea WasteLand

We know that this beautiful game has recently come out, and yes there will be ups and downs but that's just because it's newly created....like a baby!

Lets make the game better with our own thoughts and ideas not just for ourselves but for everyone to have fun.

I like to categorize what to think about in these lists.

"Design"
~ The style of the game and what spices up what we see in the world.

"Controls"
~ The way the game is handled by the player.

"Effect"
~ Actual things that you can interact and play in the world.

"Perfect Junk"
~ The everyday wacky idea that you can come up with to make this game better, in the boundaries of the game of court ^·^

(Design)

Personally I'd like to see, whilst in the store screen when buying, the name of the vender we're talking to.

Let shops have unique names like "Mr. Cullens weapons and clothing"

More unique weapons like the brass knuckles that you can see in the crafting menu.

Unique enemy names (quest affiliated and or rare spawn)

(Controls)

Have a auto feature to automatically attack creature/enemies without having to actually click the screen, some player may be in the middle of nowhere and leave their phone and comeback to a screen on the main menu. {Scrapped}

(Effect)

Message the game creators personally about any story /Quest that you have, if you post about it then everyone knows about it so it's better to only let the developers know only.

Auction houses, talking to every player personally can be a little daunting, so going to a auction house (preferably near a bank) can help a lot when you want to sell your nice clean/rusted junk to the many survivors out there.

game masters always come in a change the stock of a vender, how about having a way in which vendors personally change their stock themselves based on the amount of purchases of a single item. For example if rusted pan isn't doing so well in the market then it gets put aside for a time and is replaced with another item, if an item like water is doing good then that vendor won't take that item off the shelve since its doing good. Maybe even (though unlikely) having a investing system that affects a singular vendor, a vendor that is doing good in investments may have better wares then most because of his item he has if not then it may be lower tier weapons. Thing is the more a vendor is invested in their prices in there shop/businesses will cost more.

Have roaming merchants on the road or have a map of a merchant underground road showing their travel pathways, preferably a way to go to town/outpost to town/outpost.

The idea of outposts can be nice since there is a lot of land that may be coming up in the near future so outposts might be a good idea. A place to rest for a second but still be attack but with some protection, no merchants are there.

Daily quests/continues quests, no rpg/mmo game has not have a daily/continuous quest system. A daily quest can only be done once a day while very easy or median quests can be done again and again for coin or items.

(Perfect Junk)

I know I've said this already so I won't put then in the other categories, probably put a betting system in the game for players to gamble their coins or items like a poker game or card game, probably even a captured creature arena and be able to bet on which creature will win.

Outlaws, I've been told of this happening, should have a town for themselves but probably out from the usual livable place. Away from the normal crazy wasteland and in a deserted forgotten sand dunes to be forsaken/exiled for there crimes. They can obviously come back but it'll be hard since coming back may be hard (input reason why/any)

I love towns/outposts there so nice and safe ^·^
......to safe, maybe though rarely towns/outposts may be attacked by bandit roving clans or a horde of radioactive ghouls that have found their way there.

[More to come soon]
:idea: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :idea:
Last edited by Alko on Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let the story flow through you, become the monologue.

Ryaca

Re: The Idea Wasteland

Post by Ryaca » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:04 pm

I like some of your ideas and I believe others will also.

"Have a auto feature to automatically attack creature/enemies without having to actually click the screen, some player may be in the middle of nowhere and leave their phone and comeback to a screen on the main menu."

I do not like this idea as players will abuse this feature to afk grind, which is against the rules. I always say that if you have to leave game for any reason, log out.

"Message the game creators personally about any story /Quest that you have, if you post about it then everyone knows about it so it's better to only let the developers know only."

This can already be done. Click on a GM/Admin/Creator and then click "send private message".

I have a serious dislike for outlaws so I do not like any idea that helps outlaws out. If it were up to me, outlaws would not be able to gain experience.

Alko

Post by Alko » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:11 pm

Ahh I see, I'm new to the DM studio creators, I see what you mean for the AFK grind, outlaws though terrible, are still players so there should be a form of accommodation for it.

And yeah I know about the private messages just making sure people don't leak good quality content before it's out ^·^

Ryaca

Post by Ryaca » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:26 pm

Alko wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:11 pm Ahh I see, I'm new to the DM studio creators, I see what you mean for the AFK grind, outlaws though terrible, are still players so there should be a form of accommodation for it.

And yeah I know about the private messages just making sure people don't leak good quality content before it's out ^·^
I agree with you on the new content. When posting players can click the spoiler option so that it certain content from their post is hidden unless a player specifically clicks on spoiler tab. I have played Forgotten tales(Omegas sister game) for over a year now and I have come to loathe outlaws. I can see your point about some accommodations being made. However, in my experience, outlaws are always despicable players that exhibit the worst behavior. In Forgotten tales there have been so many problems created by outlaws. Being an outlaw is a punishment and I believe that a price should come with outlaw status. I am extremely biased on this matter so I will simply agree to disagree on any accomodations for outlaws. You do have many good ideas and I encourage you to continue posting your ideas and suggestions as they keep the forums alive and breathing. I am a forum junkie so I thoroughly enjoy reading new posts. I don't even play this game but play the creators other game.

Alko

Post by Alko » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:49 pm

D/C:

Probably should put a update screen on the main menu so players know what's implemented into the game recently.

Ryaca

Post by Ryaca » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:33 pm

Alko wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:49 pm D/C:

Probably should put a update screen on the main menu so players know what's implemented into the game recently.
This is generally posted in new version announcements.