Improve factions and buildings. Fixing OP stuff as well

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!
universefan

Improve factions and buildings. Fixing OP stuff as well

Post by universefan » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:17 am

Make faction alliances/ Peace treaties/ declaration of war. And more useful buildings. More crafting.

-War declaration allows people to start a fight with another faction that has a set duration which follows up with a period of peace
-Defeated factions should not be able to attack and have to wait after losing
-Factions that do not own buildings should not be able to attack buildings without recieving base damage in return. (Players could just die wave after wave eventually destroying a 10k worth tower without losing anything)
-More facilities like water wells, roast pit, a farm that actually produces food/harvestable chemicals to make drugs
-farms actually being able to produce food to feed the player(s) any time of the day or for the whole day
-less radiation and food detrements
-more craftable food. APOCALYPSE CAKES
-Alliances with other factions lets you interact with their base
-Faction buildings should have some form of authorization to use

This is just my idea to give faction bases more value and
usefullness. Having a faction base should be better than directly buying stuff like medicine or food at city

Anyone with a high int build could also tank towers by spamming bandages and healing like crazy. IT IS OP, and something that I have done before that let me wiped a faction base TWICE.

-bandage healing should be cancelled when taking damage or engaging in combat
Only stimpaks should actually work instantly and not be hindered by combat
Last edited by universefan on Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hibbojumbo

Rha

Re: Improve factions and buildings.

Post by Rha » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:57 am

Personally i dont think that war or peace declarations should be tied to an ingame system..

War is war.. Some timer shouldnt decide if peace is made or not.. That would destroy the purpose of diplomacy and negotiations.. These elements are things that make the game better...
And defeated factions? They should be able to take revenge whenever they decide to.. Dealing with timers just wouldnt work and it limits the gameplay and possible scenarios.. It would get repetitive...

The other ideas you posted however, i like... A lot...
Elder and sovereign of the Brotherhood of Steel

universefan

Re: Improve factions and buildings.

Post by universefan » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:39 pm

Rha wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:57 am Personally i dont think that war or peace declarations should be tied to an ingame system..

War is war.. Some timer shouldnt decide if peace is made or not.. That would destroy the purpose of diplomacy and negotiations.. These elements are things that make the game better...
And defeated factions? They should be able to take revenge whenever they decide to.. Dealing with timers just wouldnt work and it limits the gameplay and possible scenarios.. It would get repetitive...

The other ideas you posted however, i like... A lot...
Well i just wanted a war declaration/peace to limit base destruction for both parties. Judging from my experience in a faction war. I also forgot to add that any faction could declare war at any time without consent of the other party. However declaring war would give the other party a chance to surrender. Maybe even give to your demands to accept peace. With the current bases that we have its so costly to build and then later get it destroyed. There is an easy method to destroy towers as well that needs to be fixed. Anyone with a high int build wearing full armor could just spam bandages and tank it down.

Oh and another note.
-bandage healing should be cancelled when taking damage or engaging in combat
Only stimpaks should work instantly and not be affected by combat
Last edited by universefan on Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hibbojumbo

ardesia

Re: Improve factions and buildings. Fixing OP stuff as well

Post by ardesia » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:55 pm

It is actually possible to set peace among factions: ally them, as described here :)
ardesia :: Retired Game Master (GM)
Game rules :: Forum rules

universefan

Post by universefan » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:05 pm

But can they acess buildings as well?
Hibbojumbo

ardesia

Post by ardesia » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:32 pm

universefan wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:05 pm But can they acess buildings as well?
No, they can't. But they will be able using gates - the day when gates are added in game
ardesia :: Retired Game Master (GM)
Game rules :: Forum rules