Reset skills

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!
bbardiya

Re: Reset skills

Post by bbardiya » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:50 am

Ryaca wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:16 pm I can't see building an entire skill tree and not knowing how each skill works and then not being able to reset to try out different ideas and combinations. It would be like going to a restaurant and only being able to order the same item over and over again simply because I ordered that item the first time that I visited that restaurant. People like variety.
Here is not restaurant bro :/
If forgotten tales you can't change your character
Changing skills in ov is like changing character on ft and it's unfair
Instead we should know what exactly we gonna made our character
As i see many skills are not in game yet
This is a big mess in this game
In future there will be robot's and new gears and weapons that only can be crafted in tire 1,2,3 then no one can craft them because all build their skill on othersl fileds like dex and it's hard to get lvl again
So they have to make new account, share account and.....
bb--->bbardiya faction
OV-->37

Ryaca

Post by Ryaca » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:50 am

bbardiya wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:50 am
Ryaca wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:16 pm I can't see building an entire skill tree and not knowing how each skill works and then not being able to reset to try out different ideas and combinations. It would be like going to a restaurant and only being able to order the same item over and over again simply because I ordered that item the first time that I visited that restaurant. People like variety.
Here is not restaurant bro :/
If forgotten tales you can't change your character
Changing skills in ov is like changing character on ft and it's unfair
Instead we should know what exactly we gonna made our character
As i see many skills are not in game yet
This is a big mess in this game
In future there will be robot's and new gears and weapons that only can be crafted in tire 1,2,3 then no one can craft them because all build their skill on othersl fileds like dex and it's hard to get lvl again
So they have to make new account, share account and.....
Almost every game I've played that has a skill tree allows for skill tree reset or change at any time. And I see no problem at all with being able to change skill tree. For some reason it really scares people.

BlitzCraig

Post by BlitzCraig » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:18 am

I don't know that it scares people - it just makes those of us who actually enjoy the role playing aspect of gaming a little sad because it is the antithesis of everything we love about what RPGs used to be (and what they still should be in our minds ;) )

Ryaca

Post by Ryaca » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:11 am

I just don't see why changing skill tree seems so unreasonable to some. There is no danger to anyone. Most rpg's allow this. Spending hours, months, years on a character and then realizing that placing a skill point in a skill that isn't really that great (which of course there is no way to know that until the skill is tried out) and then not being able to take that point back to try another skill out seems very unreasonable to me. I don't even play this game but I feel very strongly about this issue. So much that I am going to do something that really bothers me when others do it. I'm going to bring up another game for an example. Again, it realIy bothers me when others compare games. I play Diablo 3 and that game allows for skill tree change at any time and no one has any problems with that. I guess maybe most players here haven't ever played a game that allows this change before.

BlitzCraig

Post by BlitzCraig » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:18 am

oh I totally agree that most video games allow this (I would assume that almost everybody concedes that point) - I think "true" role players were excited to see a game which didn't allow it, and are disappointed with the change... to be clear, i don't think many (if any) think that a game can't work this way, it was just exciting to have a game, if even for a short while, where old school role playing was going to make a comeback as a standout in the world of oversimplified, do-whatever-it-takes-to-keep-the-player-happy without encouraging said player to actually create a role for him or herself and play it out... does that help?

Ryaca

Post by Ryaca » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:21 am

Yes. That helps very much.

Blackthorne

Post by Blackthorne » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:42 pm

zepper93 wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:17 am See I disagree with this idea entirely. How about people actually read and learn before they decide something instead of putting all there points into one thing then being like well that's not wat I thought that did. Put ur points were u need them after learning or its ur own fault. Only reason I see to reset is if u put a point in something by accident
I MIGHT agree with you if the game were 3 years old and the basic mechanics of the game were sound BUT they are not...so a little FREE adjustment for the character build would be reasonably outside of paying real $$.

The designer of this game also runs FT which is 4 years old now and there is a system in place to reset character stats for free. I suspect, the designer saw the number of reasons people would spend money in game and a BIG one of course would be adjusting character stats, especially on a game where everything is new and confusing, so a nice little $$ surcharge every time a player wants to change their stats...jackpot!

Killazoo

Post by Killazoo » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:52 pm

Has anyone used the stats reset with their toon seen any bugs like stats not going where they should or not adding up? Just asking. :ugeek:

BlitzCraig

Post by BlitzCraig » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:35 am

haven't heard details of any such bug with resets -

hopefully there will be a free way to reset before too long (free, but not ridiculously easy is my personal hope)

zepper93

Post by zepper93 » Wed May 31, 2017 8:35 pm

Needs to not be easy. I want challenges not easy peasy things