Unarm / Rearm button on main play screen

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!
Moneypenny

Unarm / Rearm button on main play screen

Post by Moneypenny » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:49 pm

This is needed BADLY. unarm and rearm weapon especially no that the speed bug has been fixed. It would make it a lot less frustrating if a player could simply unarm by tapping a button.. then take off running instead of going to the character menu and putting the weapons into the backpack all the while hoping that no one PKs you or a mob eats you alive.... This would solve a lot of the angst players currently have concerning the speed/walking changes. Thank you.

OH one more thing to help the secondary weapon should have no effect on lowering the speed.... in other words if the window on the weapon window on the main screen is empty then the speed should have the 30% bonus added ( that s if one has chosen that from the skills menu of course)

OO7 aka Moneypenny
Last edited by Moneypenny on Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DirtyHarry

Re: Unarm / Rearm button on main play screen

Post by DirtyHarry » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:53 pm

Yeah, this could have a slight delay, 1-2 secs to give us a fighting chance to escape a pvp encounter.

It could also require a new item, weapon holsters.

Unequiped weapons still appear in weapons but are greyed out.
BoS - SoB - B0S 3 Guilds - 1 Brotherhood

pearcekj

Post by pearcekj » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:08 pm

One potential issue is that players might accidentally disarm themselves in combat, die and lose their primary weapon. I accidentally switch to my secondary sometimes when fighting multiple enemies and trying to click to initiate attacks as they run up.

I like the idea of being able to toggle and sprint from the main screen though.

BlitzCraig

Post by BlitzCraig » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:53 pm

seems to me the easiest way to accomplish this would be to have an "equipped, but not ready" secondary weapon not count as bring armed, and the ability to have just 1 weapon equipped and toggle between it and your empty primary spot (i. e. machete is equipped primary, nothing equipped secondary... long tap to switch from machete to empty and it counts as unarmed, then long tap to switch back to machete) ... does this sounds right?

pearcekj

Post by pearcekj » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:19 am

I imagine that's the easiest way to implement it. Due to limited stats and the sluggish grind to obtain them, limited ammo not economically viable for heavy grinding, etc. most players seem to commit to melee or ranged, one or the other at a time anyway. So the empty slot that most players already have would just be recognized as unarmed when it's toggled.

Hamjam

Post by Hamjam » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:31 pm

Hear hear!
"The world is a cold and brutal place. Yet there is glory to be had out there in wasteland."

Say hi if I see you out there.