Need more in-game purchases

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!
PillMaster

Re: Need more in-game purchases

Post by PillMaster » Wed May 17, 2017 2:25 pm

Ryaca wrote: Tue May 16, 2017 10:58 pm I still believe that the developer must make money. I do disagree with being able to buy levels though for this game. But I believe that players should not be able to play forever without having to spend some money.
I think it does not matter. If they like this game. They will pay. Putting content behind a pay wall is a bad idea as the game has a chance of becoming unstable. They should add things like renaming items etc. An maybe put a subscription service or timed package like they do with exp.

We are the players we can look at the game. An see what can be added.

Moneypenny

Post by Moneypenny » Wed May 17, 2017 9:45 pm

Hamjam wrote: Tue May 16, 2017 10:55 pm
Moneypenny wrote: Tue May 16, 2017 10:29 pm I think there should be a max lvl up item that gives you the maximum level in the game.... for only 10000 US dollars... then be able to change your name to... COMPBATANT lol :lol:
Sooooo pay to win lol.
No not pay to win PAY TO OWN!!!!!! Compbatant is the developers name........ another humorous moment missed.

PillMaster

Post by PillMaster » Thu May 18, 2017 5:13 am

Hamjam

Post by Hamjam » Thu May 18, 2017 6:05 am

Ryaca wrote: Tue May 16, 2017 10:58 pm I still believe that the developer must make money. I do disagree with being able to buy levels though for this game. But I believe that players should not be able to play forever without having to spend some money.
This I agree with to an extent. The game should bear fruit that can continue to support it and promote improvement. Any free to play platform has to make money somehow. Yet the option for free to play players to succeed has to be there and seemingly is already a part of this game and forum. I feel this way because free to play players of course can bring paying players into the game.

I personally don't think some of the presented ideas are entirely terrible. I also agree with the very quick response about not making this a pay to win platform. The game should make money, but I think a lot of people in the community already who do not spend money would feel further disadvantaged if some of these ideas were implemented.

Regards, Ham
"The world is a cold and brutal place. Yet there is glory to be had out there in wasteland."

Say hi if I see you out there.

Ryaca

Post by Ryaca » Thu May 18, 2017 11:22 am

Yes I hear you Ham. You make some good points. I have to disagree to an extent. I disagree with Pillmaster completely. Free to play is just something I have never understood being a long time gamer. I've always had to pay for the games that I have played in the past on various platforms being an older person that has been around long before the Internet. When I drive my car I have to put gas in it and I pay for the gas. When I go to the movies I pay to see the movie. When I go to the grocery store, I pay for groceries. When I go out to a restaurant, I have to pay for my meal. I just have a hard time wrapping my head around the idea that a player does not spend at least a few dollars on a game that brings them hours, weeks, months, possibly years of entertainment. It's just a foreign concept to me. I may be too old. But it's the way I think. I understand that not everyone feels or thinks this way.

Aegis

Post by Aegis » Thu May 18, 2017 1:07 pm

usually in other games the free to play games needs the ppl who never spend, as they will be the ppl cash shoppers will pick on lol

So ... meatshields for the spending ppl lol

So lets say your logic that to use car u need fuel works, *to make premiums enjoy the game, sacrifical free players are needed* xD

At least in most games with this concept, in this one particular, just to make numbers i suppose as there isnt anything giving u a huge advantage over free players.
Aegis :: Retired Senior Game Master (SGM)
Languages: English, Italian, German

FAQ:
http://ov.dmgamestudio.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=229
Game Rules:
http://ov.dmgamestudio.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=151

Ryaca

Post by Ryaca » Thu May 18, 2017 1:17 pm

Aegis wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 1:07 pm
At least in most games with this concept, in this one particular, just to make numbers i suppose as there isnt anything giving u a huge advantage over free players.
I completely agree.

Hamjam

Post by Hamjam » Thu May 18, 2017 6:01 pm

Ryaca wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 11:22 am Yes I hear you Ham. You make some good points. I have to disagree to an extent. I disagree with Pillmaster completely. Free to play is just something I have never understood being a long time gamer. I've always had to pay for the games that I have played in the past on various platforms being an older person that has been around long before the Internet. When I drive my car I have to put gas in it and I pay for the gas. When I go to the movies I pay to see the movie. When I go to the grocery store, I pay for groceries. When I go out to a restaurant, I have to pay for my meal. I just have a hard time wrapping my head around the idea that a player does not spend at least a few dollars on a game that brings them hours, weeks, months, possibly years of entertainment. It's just a foreign concept to me. I may be too old. But it's the way I think. I understand that not everyone feels or thinks this way.
Hahah. I also come from a pre internet era where if you wanted to play video games you had to buckle down and mow lawns or walk dogs to get your hands on some quarters. I suppose my perspective is regrettably a lot of mobile gaming is and was kind of built on this platform and obviously owes some success to it. Frankly I have had trouble understanding it and watching it morph. Not to discount some of the amazing titles out there on mobile that simply did not go the f2p route. Often their downloads reflect a lack of interest to pay to find out if something is good. Its a shame as it further supports the mode that f2p is the way to go in terms of success. I think a good balance is required in a situation such as OV. Lets also be frank about something else. If you paid a dollar for this game you would be mildly disappointed with it missing a lot of content. 5 dollars probably mildly annoyed. 10 probably a little mad. Which is often what most straight purchase games get around in terms of money per download. Which of course then the play store (Google) gets its cut. It just makes for a harsh environment for good game development. Why some many silly ad filled clones exist and the like. Anyway I kind of got off on a tangent, but it shapes my personal perspective.

Personally I have supported this game. Honestly my first week and half or so was a f2p player. I wanted to get a feel for it and was watching the community grow and change. Part of my reluctance was based of the missing content. Part of it was based off it literally seeming like a wasteland in terms of popularity. It has since then brought in a lot of people. Many of them f2p. Many paying players as well. At least that's my perception. I also personally have given away some in game purchases to people who are f2p simply because they are cool people and friends in game. I have sold 1 or 2 as well for in game currency. Although I think the second time the person simply insisted on paying me something (in game currency). Either way once I really did start to get a feel for this game and enjoy it I was happy to invest funds.

I guess what my major concerns boil down to in this very good conversation are.

1. I would hate to see it become a "I have more money to spend so I dominate everyone else situation". This is also a terrible pay platform.

2. That f2p players would not have the same opportunities that pay players do... I guess I feel like they just have to work harder. Which is often the case. Then it all draws back to me mowing lawns as a kid so I could play Rampage. I really am not one to just straight buy currency in a game, but many do and this seems to be the current mode.

Anyway I think this conversation is great and needs to keep going because the gamers are the ones who will decide what they will pay for anyway.

With Regards,

Ham
"The world is a cold and brutal place. Yet there is glory to be had out there in wasteland."

Say hi if I see you out there.

Ryaca

Post by Ryaca » Thu May 18, 2017 6:13 pm

Great response Ham. I like how you broke that down. I agree with you. Players should not be able to buy a great advantage over non paying players. I really liked that mowing lawns to play rampage lol. Great game as I also frequented the local arcade and made money from mowing lawns, shoveling snow, a paper route, and detassling corn. You made some very good points. I believe that there needs to be in game purchases but not in game purchases that greatly give an advantage over other players. The in game purchases I'm talking about are things like pet purchases as higher levels are reached, skin changes, extra pack space, stat resets, armor weapons and crafting materials. I wanna dig out my old nintendo and play some rampage now. Probably won't work with my hd tv though.

PillMaster

Post by PillMaster » Thu May 18, 2017 11:29 pm

Ryaca wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 6:13 pm Great response Ham. I like how you broke that down. I agree with you. Players should not be able to buy a great advantage over non paying players. I really liked that mowing lawns to play rampage lol. Great game as I also frequented the local arcade and made money from mowing lawns, shoveling snow, a paper route, and detassling corn. You made some very good points. I believe that there needs to be in game purchases but not in game purchases that greatly give an advantage over other players. The in game purchases I'm talking about are things like pet purchases as higher levels are reached, skin changes, extra pack space, stat resets, armor weapons and crafting materials. I wanna dig out my old nintendo and play some rampage now. Probably won't work with my hd tv though.

I think buying anything that gives in game advantages like buying crafting materials,Armour,levels and weapons is a bad idea. It will affect balance and just like any f2p game. You will forced to buy those and will greatly affect balance.

I think cosmetics,Exp bonus(at 25% an no more),Timers etc are better. Want to craft items or build a vehicle instead of waiting a day. You get 15mins instead of 2hours. If you pay. So long as the devs don't go over board.

In my mind buying convenience is better but not p2w stuff like armour,weapons and crafting materials will just screw the game as devs will force you into buying that or affecting balance. Instead of trading or searching you just buy those resources.

We should think outside the box. Maybe 5% cut on all youtube videos.(As they own the game).