Need more in-game purchases

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!
Ryaca

Re: Need more in-game purchases

Post by Ryaca » Fri May 19, 2017 12:32 am

I don't see anything wrong with buying those things as long as players are not required to by them. It's nice to have the option.

PillMaster

Post by PillMaster » Fri May 19, 2017 2:07 am

Ryaca wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 12:32 am I don't see anything wrong with buying those things as long as players are not required to by them. It's nice to have the option.
Which things? As soon as you add items like armor that you can pay for cash. You add a need for the devs to make money out of that. Soon they will just add more leaving low levels out. As game enemies become harder. As soon as you add something that directly affects the game that can be paid. A demand will be made and that is how the game will slowly turn to shit. Imagine grinding for years to reach max level.

While a paying player takes only months. I played a game like that but i do not want to advertise it. As soon as it affects the game the baddier it will become as players pay and devs give them what they want.

The best system is giving little(Like not slicing everything into microtransactions). Like paying for ressurection. If that was added that would be a demand as devs or any f2p dev will make sure you pay for it.

Ryaca

Post by Ryaca » Fri May 19, 2017 2:49 am

Not true. I play the developers other game and they don't make any in game purchases mandatory. There are many free to pay players and the developer hasn't made any purchases mandatory to advance in the game and that game has been running since 2014 or 2013. This fear that in game purchases are going to turn OV into an unplayable game are unfounded.

PillMaster

Post by PillMaster » Fri May 19, 2017 2:53 am

Ryaca wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 2:49 am Not true. I play the developers other game and they don't make any in game purchases mandatory. There are many free to pay players and the developer hasn't made any purchases mandatory to advance in the game and that game has been running since 2014 or 2013. This fear that in game purchases are going to turn OV into an unplayable game are unfounded.
I have heard this in other games but it will happen. Greed will eventually take over.

Ryaca

Post by Ryaca » Fri May 19, 2017 3:04 am

But it still hasn't happened in the developers other game that has been running for years. Also, he specifically left out the level buying option that is implemented in the other game to keep players from buying levels. I believe that everything will be ok in OV. Based on the developers past behavior you or I have nothing to worry about.

PillMaster

Post by PillMaster » Fri May 19, 2017 3:08 am

Ryaca wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 3:04 am But it still hasn't happened in the developers other game that has been running for years. Also, he specifically left out the level buying option that is implemented in the other game to keep players from buying levels. I believe that everything will be ok in OV. Based on the developers past behavior you or I have nothing to worry about.

Ok We will see.