HOW TO REPORT BUGS - READ THIS FIRST

You found a bug? Post it here!
BlitzCraig

HOW TO REPORT BUGS - READ THIS FIRST

Post by BlitzCraig » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:23 pm

If you find a bug /glitch /or exploit you want to report, please consider whether it should be public or not. If it is something that other players might abuse, please do not post it where everybody can read it - instead, please send a PM to one of the forum moderators and/or explain in game to a GM (blue or yellow name) thank you

If, like most bugs, it is not something which can be exploited to the detriment of the game, please include the following information in your report:

OV Account name: the one you were playing when you encountered the bug.
Time of bug: if possible, use /time in game and report server time when you noticed the bug, otherwise "same time as post" or similar is still very helpful
Where: (where is the bug)
What: (what happened)
Why: (Why do you think this is a bug)
Other comments: (add any other information you think is relevant)

Thanks for following this format form. This will help get more information to the dev team in fixing the bugs.

bbardiya

Re: HOW TO REPORT BUGS - READ THIS FIRST

Post by bbardiya » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:35 am

BlitzCraig wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:23 pm If you find a bug /glitch /or exploit you want to report, please consider whether it should be public or not. If it is something that other players might abuse, please do not post it where everybody can read it - instead, please send a PM to one of the forum moderators and/or explain in game to a GM (blue or yellow name) thank you :)
I will get rewarded for reporting new bugs? :lol:
bb--->bbardiya faction
OV-->37

BlitzCraig

Post by BlitzCraig » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:42 am

That's a good question, thank you for asking it. Yes, players who report unknown bugs or ways to exploit the game are rewarded. If you report one that we didn't already know, and we verify it, you will be rewarded. if you feel like we forgot about you, please send a PM reminding us... we keep a list, but I'm not going to pretend like we're perfect lol. However, if you decide that instead of asking, "hey, did you forget about my bug report?" you'd rather post a nasty comment on the forum talking about how great you are for reporting it and how the GMs are terrible, stupid, lying cheaters... well let's just say you likely forfeit your reward at that point ;)

Ithaedam

Post by Ithaedam » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:33 pm

I was curious about this too, giving a reward makes it more likely people will be forthright with bugs/glitches. On a side note, I think we would all feel better if someone gave us an update on what gets fixed, so that if it isnt fixed exactly, we dont know if its same bug or new bug? I personally would feel better getting some info on whats new.

P.s you guys are doing amazing btw.