Death and Teleportation !?

You found a bug? Post it here!
shodanhq

Death and Teleportation !?

Post by shodanhq » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:54 pm

For some strange reason, when my player dies there's a 30-40% change that he will spawn at a different base, :oops: which kinda makes it difficult and time consuming to move back to the base which I normally stay....also lately this happens without even dying? my screen goes black and then bam! I'm at a different camp base. :| Can someone tell me if this is normal ot not? Because I think it's not :roll:

BlitzCraig

Re: Death and Teleportation !?

Post by BlitzCraig » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:37 am

After a few more camps/towns are added, you will spawn at nearest one after you die. until then, you may spawn in a different one to help silosia from becoming over crowded...

the teleporting without dying seems like it may be a glitch - I'd you could please use /time next time it happens and post the time shown along with your exact account name, it would greatly help Investigating, thank you :)

shodanhq

Post by shodanhq » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:01 am

BlitzCraig wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:37 am After a few more camps/towns are added, you will spawn at nearest one after you die. until then, you may spawn in a different one to help silosia from becoming over crowded...

the teleporting without dying seems like it may be a glitch - I'd you could please use /time next time it happens and post the time shown along with your exact account name, it would greatly help Investigating, thank you :)
Thank you for your answer :D . At first I thought it was a bug or some sort of but now I understand. :ugeek:
As for the time command you gave me I will use it at chat when something similar (teleportation without death) happen and I'll keep you informed....although this has only happened twice compared to the other problem which happens when I die.... :|

BlitzCraig

Post by BlitzCraig » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:23 am

Great, happy to help :)

and yes, if it happens again that way, we'd appreciate the report for sure ;)

shodanhq

Post by shodanhq » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:10 am

Server time: 30-04-2017 09:54
I was at 1/4 of my health and I was scavenging.... radiation level was at 25% or less with 5% poison....(but not poisoned). I decided to log out and when I logged back in I was in a different location with my health stats fully resetted (poison,radiation ,health etc).

Aegis

Post by Aegis » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:48 am

Did you check if your exp didnt drop? because when that happens its usually after you die, and since you were scavenging its the most plausible case that happened (if you logout while mobs are targeting you, chasing you or hitting you, there is a 11 seconds delay before your characters acually dissapears from the game, so if in that time the mobs manage to kill you, you're dead and the next time you login, you will have full hp, survival bars resetted, spawning in the closest town and also -20% exp of the current exp you accumulated).
Aegis :: Retired Senior Game Master (SGM)
Languages: English, Italian, German

FAQ:
http://ov.dmgamestudio.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=229
Game Rules:
http://ov.dmgamestudio.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=151

shodanhq

Post by shodanhq » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:20 am

No, I don't think I lost exp...I was at 3300+ when I checked and after the teleport I was near 3578 exp... plus I didn't attack critters, I was only scavenging and when a mob of them attacked me I let the guards take care of them....I killed 10 dessert crawlers during my scavenging that attacked me alone so a mob wouldn't follow me during scavenging.

Rha

Post by Rha » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:31 am

I think the teleportation is caused by a bad connection.
It happened to me several times where i suddenly transport to a town for a split second only to return to the original location.. Without dying.. I noticed my wifi signal was kinda weak at that moment so its probably the cause..
Elder and sovereign of the Brotherhood of Steel

Hamjam

Post by Hamjam » Mon May 01, 2017 1:24 am

Rha wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:31 am I think the teleportation is caused by a bad connection.
It happened to me several times where i suddenly transport to a town for a split second only to return to the original location.. Without dying.. I noticed my wifi signal was kinda weak at that moment so its probably the cause..
Could have sworn this happened to me but I chalked it up to being tired.
"The world is a cold and brutal place. Yet there is glory to be had out there in wasteland."

Say hi if I see you out there.