Armor penetration

You found a bug? Post it here!
Grommnir

Armor penetration

Post by Grommnir » Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:20 pm

Hi,
Was fighting bugs and stacking armor yet they never.stopped dealing dmg to me.
Then had a talk with some 90+lvl player and he told me they always will even with hell of a ton of armor because armor penetration.

So im writing this in he bug section because game manual states that enough armor=no dmg taken even with penetration.

As it is right now endurance and armor is practically uselesa mechanic in the game. Meta weapons are those that fire as many bullets as possible as long as you have max penetration(heard max is 18ap).
It completely desteoys the balance of the game.

Just want to know if you guys are planning tondo somehing about thisbproblem because it would make it easier for me to quit playing right now.

Spent money on the game trusting the manual and making a tank is my way of playing games. No point in continuing whith the state the game is in.
Dex and perception being metabis just plain boring game.

Thanks.

Yfars

Re: Armor penetration

Post by Yfars » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:26 am

The game manual was created almost 4 years ago and is very outdated due to the lack of information updates. Armor penetration is something like the minimum damage that a weapon can do. If this parameter did not exist in the game, then at the moment many players would be completely invulnerable due to the large amount of armor, so your point of view is not correct. There is also a dodge parameter in the game, which is simply easier to increase by using clothes without debuffs to other characteristics of the character than heavy armor, which increases the armor parameter, but often greatly reduces walking speed and dodge. This is not a fantasy game in which the player can simply increase one stat and become invulnerable, it is important to maintain a balance of everything in order to become a dangerous opponent
Yfars : Game Administrator (GM)
Languages: English, Russian

Game Rules:
http://ov.dmgamestudio.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=151
Discord:
Yfars#2610
Official Discord server: https://discord.gg/omega-vanitas-official

Grommnir

Post by Grommnir » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:03 am

I do understand that what it is right now works in some sort of way but that is by no means a balanced game play.

I do admit i dont have enough info nor game play experiance to argue about it too much so some things will be just educated guesses. What i can do is at least point out that dexterity and perception are of a loads more importance than endurance which is a filler and some of its talents like giving +1 to armor are just of no importance.

I ask you to take a look at the statistics of those that usually win in fights and see what is what im guessig you will see wast majority of them having dex and perception at a disproportionaly bigger numbers than rest of their statistics.

If you pumped endurance you would have life and armor but no accuracy to hit anyone nor would you dodge anything, life is good but then again if you dodge then why not just pump dex and not get hit at all, pointlessly useless stat. Put in max 15 points grab a turtle for 10% dodge and forget about endurance? Maybe even not thats a waste of points that could go 8nto dex.9
Dex gives you ability to run away and dodge is just so very good in this game where anyhing that matters is your hit vs opponents dodge.

Does anything besides those 3 things even matter? Dex, perception and armor penetration, couple that with a weapon with a lot of bullets fired and target takes such dmg that their life doesnt matter. What sort of healh numbers are out there, lets say you take 18 ap and grab a weapon firing 8 bullets for 18 dmg each, thats a death sentence as long as you hit them, so only dex saves from death.

It sure is a balance but it surely isnt balanced, it is sad that all it pours down to is only hit and dodge. Varied game styles make an interestig game play which we all hope for.

Wouldnt it be a great idea to sit down and think of a true balance?

And as for being afraid of veterans anger you throw a feee character reset at every active player, half the fun is making builds so they would buy more whih is good for the business as well.

Zamedi

Post by Zamedi » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:15 pm

Hi, thats why i test all possible Items and stats combinationen that possible in game . See my question and answers here in forum and look accs like All Capone, i so ritch and Farmer Jo
Zamedi

Yfars

Post by Yfars » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:40 am

1. Do not compare 2 character parameters and 1 weapon characteristic with 1 character parameter. Of course, a player with a high dexterity and accuracy will kill a player who is simply wearing heavy armor or has increased his armor with level points
2. All initially increase agility and accuracy because it is easier to do, but then they still increase the armor value to withstand strong opponents. Even if heavy armor did not have debuffs and you had a large amount of armor, you will still lose in battle, because it is important not only to have good defense, but also to be able to shoot well from top weapons. It should also be understood that in any case you will not be able to defeat a player who has a high level and good equipment, you need to compare strengths with an equal opponent
3. I've been doing global rebalancing and rebuilding of the game for a long time, but it's a very long process. During this time, I have heard complaints many times and replied that I was already trying to change everything. Perhaps it is worth making some kind of post with information about this, because I'm already starting to get bored of listening to the same thing and answering that I'm already solving these problems
Yfars : Game Administrator (GM)
Languages: English, Russian

Game Rules:
http://ov.dmgamestudio.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=151
Discord:
Yfars#2610
Official Discord server: https://discord.gg/omega-vanitas-official

Grommnir

Post by Grommnir » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:19 am

The biggest issue in here is that manual misleading people, just remove it if there is no immidiate plans on updating it.

And informing people of changes and plans has always been seen as a huge plus by game communities.

Zamedi

Post by Zamedi » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:31 am

Just a Tip For an good Account ist to wait and Play Up to lvl Up to 97 and than you hav automatikly all skills, than read all and choose the best skills For your cloth and Gears.
Zamedi