Anyone else wondering what's going on?

As the description says!
Moneypenny

Re: Anyone else wondering what's going on?

Post by Moneypenny » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:42 pm

Kabuki wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:19 am So will there be all characters reset to 0 and if yes, (approximately) when we can expect that?

Also, for anyone who thinks, that skills now are fair, consider that lvling up in late stages of game you will need 2.000.000 exp pts and best mobs currently give 650 exp, but being high level you're still very vulnerable to their attacks. There's high chance that you die and lose 20% exp pts. (few to tens of hours grinding).

I'm not familiar with many similar MMORPG's, but a few that i played there was completely different feeling in gameplay- you are weak in the begging, so you need to kill weak mobs. Later your lvl increase, you jump to average mobs, kill them lvl up- jump to more powerful mobs. And as getting very high lvl, weak and average mobs no longer pose threat, you kill em with ease.

In OV being high lvl, you still feel weak and your character is very vulnerable. Maybe game dev want's to keep this game hardcore, with all that risks and keeping high lvl players as average, not letting them become ubers.
Maybe this is attractive for a while, but if you spend at least a month in this game, soon you begin to realize that you reached nothing in this game and there's not a lot of possibilities to improve.

Also after an update, a lot of players that were here from the beginning are no longer playing. I hope this game not become empty in long term.
GL
THAT wont happen...... The Dev would have to REFUND all the money spent by players.... I for one have reset my char many time to get the right balance and when I achieved it FINALLY the dev fixed the bugs so now I had to redo it all over again that real money bro... no way am I going back to L ZERO.....

Ryaca

Post by Ryaca » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:07 pm

I've seen several players threaten to leave because they are unhappy and even some suggest that others are leaving. Very few will actually leave. Most will stay.

Aegis

Post by Aegis » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:25 pm

to be fair, one could say it would be just to reset everybody, although it wasnt a direct abuse of a glitch or bug, it was still playing on convenient *overbuffed* effects of some skills, so tecnically this isnt right for the rest of the players who didnt get to also *take advantage* of this error in the game.

On the other hand, resetting all players back to lv 0, gear and bank wiped, would consequently bring the right to at least expect the items you have paid for to be given back right after that (skill+stat resets, bank and inventory expansions, outlaw status clearing).

So as there might arise other bugs and the like they might opt not to reset the chars YET to let one keep exploring and maybe find other flaws that could happen on higher lvls.

This also doesnt confirm or deny this or any other viable option, just states some points.
Aegis :: Retired Senior Game Master (SGM)
Languages: English, Italian, German

FAQ:
http://ov.dmgamestudio.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=229
Game Rules:
http://ov.dmgamestudio.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=151

afk

Post by afk » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:00 pm

Stats get ruined, so, i think stats has to be reseted only