Anyone else wondering what's going on?

As the description says!
Kabuki

Re: Anyone else wondering what's going on?

Post by Kabuki » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:16 pm

What would be right to do:

Test and fix all bugs that are known, adjust all skill points that would be fair (not at is it right now), then reset all characters to 0 (on this we have to vote), so everyone would have a fair start to begin. Because majority high levelers (including myself) were farming sadists and rotters, that were giving 650 and 600 exp, without doing any damage.

But mostly, bring fun in to game, because now there's no need to grind mobs and level up, i'm 38 lvl and i'm still weak and slow as 10 lvl character. All those hours spend getting exp. pts. goes to nothing.

This game is in alpha stage and it was wrong to release it as it was finished product, testing everything on players, who were thinking that they're playing almost finished product. I even bought reset character 2 times, now when skills are messed up this investment also goes to nothing.
I'm really disappointed and thinking to stop playing this game (as it is for now).

It has a lot of potential, but this path, which dev took is ridiculous.

Killazoo

Post by Killazoo » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:04 pm

I think you missed what Craig said we was too over powered before and all stats have been readjusted now they only have to complete the process and reset all levels to 0.

bbardiya

Post by bbardiya » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:13 pm

BlitzCraig wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:41 am I've locked a few threads about this and directed everybody here. Allow me to address some of the more common concerns:

First and foremost, I understand that it is frustrating to feel like you've gone backwards in the game. My responses below are not meant to be attacks, or to be disrespectful, or trivializing the frustration. They are an attempt at sharing a bigger view which will hopefully help us all work towards what's best for the game and the community.

"I'm weak now, it's not fair" - You're not weak now, you were extra strong before. As far as "fair" goes, trust me when i say that this shouldn't be your goal... new players will not benefit from this bug, so "fair" would be removing all the levels that everybody gained through having extra strong characters for the last couple weeks... I know this is not what you want lol

"You broke the game because I can't gain levels as fast as I could with this bug"
- No, the game isn't broken, it's clearly better and you'll see that as soon as you get over the shock and disappointment. The skills are more balanced now that they're working the way they were designed, and going forward, there will be less confusion about game mechanics because the fixed skills now do what they always said they did.

"Now I can't do what i could before and I die sometimes" - allow me to reword this concern in a way that might help gain perspective... "I've been playing for a few weeks and now the strongest monsters in the game can kill me sometimes." ... if this is still a concern, I suggest you don't understand how games are supposed to work (Again, I'm trying to be direct, not rude)

"We should be allowed a free reset since the skills and stats have changed a lot."
- I agree. I'll be asking the dev for all accounts to be reset ASAP. (no guarantee it'll happen, but I'll ask)

"You should have warned us this was coming." - I disagree, but I'll respect your wishes. Please take this message as warning that all future bugs will also be fixed as they're discovered.

Ok, I'll add other concerns as they present as common... hopefully this helps a bit, and comes off as fun, not mean ;)
My lvl is not low I'm lvl 30 but I think game is unfair
That's better to full restart game
This game is still young if you full reset nothing much will happen
I'm sure many people are agree so we gonna have a fair game for everyone
BUT there is a problem
You should close the server's for 2-1 months then start to finding bugs with few volunteer game testers and fix almost all bugs
Implement all skill's and add new gear's
New map's etc then full reset game and we gonna have a "fair" game but the purchased thing's should stay there if possible
Me and many player's like Me at the start of game without knowing used gun bug and pipe gun so we lvl up fast when lvling was easy
BTW I mentione that you didn't fix all skill's for example
Precise fire work on both ranged and melee and improve aiming by 10+
That was just one example ;)
bb--->bbardiya faction
OV-->37

BlitzCraig

Post by BlitzCraig » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:56 pm

Thanks, everybody, for the helpful input - there are a lot of really good points here (and some ridiculous stuff too of course, but that's too be expected) - I do want to clarify one thing since it keeps coming up (and I'll add it to my earlier post as well)

"You nerfed the skills and/or changed the mechanics and I don't like it "
- no, nothing was nerfed or reduced (in this update, not saying it never will be in the future, idk about that) All that happened was that some of the skills which were bugged have been fixed.

anyway, keep sharing your thoughts, that's exactly what this forum is for.. and let me know if there's a way I can be of help :D

pearcekj

Post by pearcekj » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:19 pm

Even considering that it was a bug fix and not a nerf, I think the point remains that some players now feel that the character moves too slow and loses health too fast by default, increasing the risk of major exp loss.

Maybe consider increasing the default speed by 30% for all players, before buffs. It seemed to be a good amount and was fairly Even with mob speed.

Armor and dodge are manageable, but exp loss on death really needs to be reduced big-time. Maybe have it be a percent but then have it cap at a certain amount. We should be able to casually play at an ever-increasing rate with death being an occasional minor setback but allowing constant forward momentum, death should never take away so many hours of our work. I'm not a hardcore rogue-like grinder, maybe implement a hard mode for players that want to play Russian roulette with their downtime. I want return on my investment. The map is small, farming locations are limited, and now we have to compete against level 30+ retired exploiters to kill brawlers. If I can't casually level and advance in my limited downtime without constant setbacks that cause me to lose hours of work, I'll probably stop playing, not a threat, but some feedback.

I'll keep shamelessly plugging this suggestion because I like the game but this is the number one factor in me considering whether to stick around or not. Other players seem concerned as well.

BlitzCraig

Post by BlitzCraig » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:17 pm

pearcekj, I'd just like to encourage you to continue this type of post - focused on issues, not ranting and raving, but simply stating what you think needs to happen and giving reasons why... hopefully you'll continue to gain support for these issues (XP loss in particular) and the dev will at least seriously consider it soon ;)

bbardiya

Post by bbardiya » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:27 pm

Congratulation
Game is no more crowded if you take a look at city everyone leaving
It's impossible to get lvl now
I disappointed
I rather to go back to forgotten tales until an update maybe I back
bb--->bbardiya faction
OV-->37

Hamjam

Post by Hamjam » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:49 pm

BlitzCraig wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:41 am I've locked a few threads about this and directed everybody here. Allow me to address some of the more common concerns:

First and foremost, I understand that it is frustrating to feel like you've gone backwards in the game. My responses below are not meant to be attacks, or to be disrespectful, or trivializing the frustration. They are an attempt at sharing a bigger view which will hopefully help us all work towards what's best for the game and the community.

"I'm weak now, it's not fair" - You're not weak now, you were extra strong before. As far as "fair" goes, trust me when i say that this shouldn't be your goal... new players will not benefit from this bug, so "fair" would be removing all the levels that everybody gained through having extra strong characters for the last couple weeks... I know this is not what you want lol

"You broke the game because I can't gain levels as fast as I could with this bug"
- No, the game isn't broken, it's clearly better and you'll see that as soon as you get over the shock and disappointment. The skills are more balanced now that they're working the way they were designed, and going forward, there will be less confusion about game mechanics because the fixed skills now do what they always said they did.

"Now I can't do what i could before and I die sometimes" - allow me to reword this concern in a way that might help gain perspective... "I've been playing for a few weeks and now the strongest monsters in the game can kill me sometimes." ... if this is still a concern, I suggest you don't understand how games are supposed to work (Again, I'm trying to be direct, not rude)

"We should be allowed a free reset since the skills and stats have changed a lot."
- I agree. I'll be asking the dev for all accounts to be reset ASAP. (no guarantee it'll happen, but I'll ask)

"You should have warned us this was coming." - I disagree, but I'll respect your wishes. Please take this message as warning that all future bugs will also be fixed as they're discovered.

"You nerfed the skills and/or changed the mechanics and I don't like it " - no, nothing was nerfed or reduced (in this update, not saying it never will be in the future, idk about that) All that happened was that some of the skills which were bugged have been fixed.

Ok, I'll add other concerns as they present as common... hopefully this helps a bit, and comes off as fun, not mean ;)

Thank you for such a detailed response. While playing after this update it seemed that things were for the most part more accurately represented in regards to stat alterations by items and specific skills.
"The world is a cold and brutal place. Yet there is glory to be had out there in wasteland."

Say hi if I see you out there.

Killazoo

Post by Killazoo » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:44 pm

The 20% xp loss wasn't much of a problem until we all slowed down drastically because it takes awhile to cross one map. And yes like you said you might run up on a spawn filled with certain high level players and get killed. resulting in the ever increasing need for xp and rage quitting. From what I've heard players can't just unequipt their weapons to run fast because when a lvl 30+ starts shooting at you. People can't run out of map and escape because they will catch up easily without having to unequipt their wepons. Did I get that correct?

Aegis

Post by Aegis » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:57 pm

since they use ranged weapon for that purpose, they dont need to run behind you much, as it takes them tops 2 shots to kill you, and this was before with 10% bonus evasion, so now can take even less or bring to oneshotting lol (Since aim can get high, and evasion has been adjusted lower as it was supposed to be).

And yes, if you have been atked at least once, till they keep you as target you cant switch maps = guaranteed to die.
Aegis :: Retired Senior Game Master (SGM)
Languages: English, Italian, German

FAQ:
http://ov.dmgamestudio.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=229
Game Rules:
http://ov.dmgamestudio.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=151