Construction action not recognizing concrete

You found a bug? Post it here!
Arlecchina

Construction action not recognizing concrete

Post by Arlecchina » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:30 pm

OV Account name: Arlecchina
Time of bug: Sept 30, 2020, 22:00
Where: 3.3
What: trying to build bunker, equipped hammer. Was not holding enough concrete, report say "need 4 concrete". Put 4 bags of concrete in backpack. Tried to build bunker. Same report replies, "need 4 concrete." Okay so I take all the concrete from the cabin and put it un my backpack, which I think is 23 total. Tried to build again. Same report replies "need 4 concrete". Okay, so I try a different bunker. Same report, need 4 concrete. Now I am thinking... Let's try a watch tower. So I try to build the watch tower and it says "need 1 concrete."
Why: Because the watchtower definitely is not asking for 1 more concrete when I have 23, since the watch tower does not require 24 total concrete. Therefore it must not be recognizing the concrete in my bag.
Other comments: it is worth mentioning that yesterday perhaps around the same time, I was building a cabin and I did not have enough wood, but I had enough steel. I added 4 steel and when I logged off, there were 10 wood needed. When I logged back on. There were 7 wood needed, and 2 steel needed. This was very strange. When I completed the wood and steel, it would not accept my bag of cement, but I figured I messed up and needed the red bag of concrete instead. But this is noteworthy because when I returned again the next day, the cabin appeared complete, was able to store in it, but it's health is 24/25k, and it isnt asking for a bag of concrete.
'\_("-)_/'

Thanks for your help

Yfars

Re: Construction action not recognizing concrete

Post by Yfars » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:10 am

Turn the phone screen or cut the chat to full size, most likely you additionally need to bring the missing building boards or construction metal. All the necessary items will be listed in the chat, and perhaps you just did not see everything
Yfars :: Game Administrator (GM)
Languages: English, Russian

FAQ:
http://ov.dmgamestudio.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=229
Game Rules:
http://ov.dmgamestudio.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=151
Telegram:
@Yfars

Arlecchina

Post by Arlecchina » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:55 pm

No, I made sure of this. It is only saying "need 4 concrete". Even repeating it multiple times, each line says, like this...

You need 4 concrete
You need 4 concrete
You need 4 concrete.

This is a real glitch. I have 4 concrete in my backpack. I have the hammer equipped.

Arlecchina

Post by Arlecchina » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:11 pm

Ok, I have sorted it out. The instructions are confusing. Apparently you need 4 "construction materials" which looks like a stack of bricks, and a bag of concrete is what is used to make this. Sorry for the trouble, but this miscommunication on the game is a problem anyway.

But it still remains the other problem which has happened again. When I left the zone 3.3 today (Oct 1st, 22:00) to go fetch more materials, this is what remained of what the bunker needed:

0 wood, 16 "concrete", 2 steel

But when I returned (22:30) with 16 concrete, this is what remained of what the bunker needed:

2 wood, 14 concrete, 2 steel.

So I had spent unnecessary money on 2 concrete, and also I had to go chop wood for another half hour, even though I had already completed that. It was not fun. I am afraid to leave without finishing a building because this is whatvwill happen. Chopping wood is not fun, even when I have a chainsaw.

Yfars

Post by Yfars » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:53 am

The server processes the building construction process and divides it into parts that require a specific number of materials. When you build, the server counts down that at a given time you are using, for example, 2 building boards with 2 building steel and after that counts the remaining materials. If you abruptly stop construction, the server needs to re-calculate the amount of materials needed. And in general, what is the problem before starting construction to see how many materials are needed to build the selected building, so as not to run back and forth for materials?

FAQ:
Game Rules:
Telegram:
@Yfars

Arlecchina

Post by Arlecchina » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:51 pm

Whats the problem? Carrying and storage is the problem.

What is the problem with your program that it counts exactly 0 wood, and then leaving and returning to the map, it counts exactly 2 wood?

What is the problem with YOU that you refuse to fix what is CLEARLY A BUG, but instead blame me for not having all the materials? Whats the point of having this thread, or even answering it if this is how you deal with bugs?? I'm frankly sorry I already spent 18 USD on this game.

Edit: BTW I didnt abruptly stop. I didnt stop in the middle of adding materials. I finished adding the materials I had and then looked at the structure. It says on its info, which shows its health, what materials are needed to finish. If its such a problem, then maybe you should consider not allowing a structure to be build at all unless all materials are present. And furthermore, maybe a bunker shouldnt cost 50 items, (5 wood, 40 concrete, 5 steel) considering I can only carry 40 items AFTER IVE ALREADY BOUGHT THE EXTRA 20 SLOT PACKAGE YOU DUMBFUCK

Yfars

Post by Yfars » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:02 am

Show me where the mistake is. For me personally, somehow magically everything is fine. And it makes no difference whether I am at the location and take the necessary materials from the bunker or go to another location, the counter still works correctly. The fact that you only have 40 inventory slots is not an argument, any player from level 0 can get 2 pets for free for carrying things, a level 20 player must know about this. Also, in any case, you will have to carry the remaining materials, so you can use pets or the inventory of an existing clan building to store all the necessary building materials. And even taking into account all your problems with the delivery and use of building materials, you can simply remember the total amount of necessary materials and how many of them you have already brought and used

And don't insult me, otherwise you will be left without any help at all
2020-10-03_15-02-43.gif
2020-10-03_15-02-43.gif (11.3 MiB) Viewed 92 times

FAQ:
Game Rules:
Telegram:
@Yfars