Bioengineer

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!
KellDran

Bioengineer

Post by KellDran » Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:09 pm

I have an idea for the last skill in the INT skill tree, bioengineer. Make it so you can salvage anything and it gives you the chance to learn how to craft it, like a 10% chance or something low. itll give the long game meaning cause you can collect all the stuff to craft it. maybe a 5% chance for rare stuff and 1% for special stuff (event stuff). Maybe with a 20% chance to break the item?

and if figuring out what stuff breaks down to is hard just make it so theirs a seperate icon on the item screen, next to the salvage, make it have the bioengineer icon and code it so it doesnt give back items, just learn to craft it, reverse engineer could even be the name? The chat box would tell you if its a success.

Also can open up more crafting things, for instance-
I feel we should be able to 'cook' water at a campfire IF you have a pefect tea kettle... It says you can cook water in it on the description, and also being able to use a water barrel to get water every so often?Or maybe it can be like a mobile well that lasts for an hour on map to provide dirty water. Can make it so it doesnt give more than 30 waters? I made the water barrel and was disappointed i couldnt use it for anything. I dont even know if there are quests to use it. I think that would be an interesting concept itself

But allow us to learn to make cast metal and forged metal and electronics... This could open up a lot for end game and you can restrict anything to be uncraftable. I feel if people could use their real life knowledge it would make it more fun. In real life you can cook dirty water to make clean water. Make it 5 to 1 ratio and no one can abuse it too bad, Especially if it only works at a campfire or stove. Clean water helps those without rad suits to clear rad.

Also being able to craft everything at Silosia with this perk would be easier for players who cant join factions.. Cause you cant protect yourself when in faction against war enemies... or even just outlaws (which are always 60+ in lvl)