Factionless exploit

You found a bug? Post it here!
Rha

Factionless exploit

Post by Rha » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:34 pm

Hi
Since yesterday a factionless player keeps attacking my members. This player is simply a troll who like to "ruin other peoples gaming experience". But im not complaining about this person. It all has to do with the game mechanics..

Whenever this person attacks one of my members i as sovereign of my clan have to take responsibility and try to protect my members. But whenever i attack him to defend my members i still get a point towards my outlaw status. I think this should change. A person should not be punished for protecting their members.
But what really surprised me is this; this player Jsa639 attacked me, and so i defended myself by attacking back. And what happened? I get another point towards my outlaw status.

It became very clear to me that this player is trying to turn myself and my members into outlaws by using this exploit. And there is nothing i can do about it. Trying to do the right thing will get me punished but the troll gets what he wants..

The screenshot shows he attacked first but i still get the outlaw counter.. So that obviously needs to be fixed..

I also suggest that killing players who are attacking your factionmembers should not count towards outlaw status as well.
Attachments
Screenshot_2017-04-25-16-22-27.png
Screenshot_2017-04-25-16-22-27.png (1.1 MiB) Viewed 3393 times
Elder and sovereign of the Brotherhood of Steel

Aegis

Re: Factionless exploit

Post by Aegis » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:43 pm

the system should be adjusted that only if you're in a faction you can attack faction members, if you're factionless you cant attack or be attacked by faction ppl

Or better yet, if one responds after being assaulted first (message that you're being attacked) in case the one defending wins the battle, it shouldnt count torwards the outlaw status.. BUT if the assaulter wins, THIS should count to outlaw status.

Would be the best way to make a working sustainable gameplay and to keep the fairness.
Aegis :: Retired Senior Game Master (SGM)
Languages: English, Italian, German

FAQ:
http://ov.dmgamestudio.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=229
Game Rules:
http://ov.dmgamestudio.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=151

BlitzCraig

Post by BlitzCraig » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:48 pm

OUTLAW ON ATTACK!!!!

(sorry, I've been pushing and begging for this for years in FT, and since alpha testing of OV... i tend to get a bit excited about it)

jsa639

Post by jsa639 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:58 pm

中文
英文
中文

嘿,那是我。 那是剛剛發生的事。

幾天之前我殺過你的成員,那個Nagii,所以他討厭我。
在剛才我只是經過他,他殺了我,這讓我注意到他了。
所以我脫光衣服在他跟他朋友身邊跑,我又被殺死了。
誰才是兇手?噢,你受到系統警告了,你才是兇手。

去怨恨遊戲設定吧。

Hey, that's me. It was just what happened.

A few days ago I killed your members, that Nagii, so he hated me.
Just now I just passed him, he killed me, it made me notice him.
So I ran off my clothes and ran with his friend, and I was killed again.
Who is the murderer? Oh, you are warned by the system, you are the murderer.

Go to resent the game set it.

Above is Google Translate.

Rha

Post by Rha » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:02 pm

jsa639 wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:58 pm 中文
英文
中文

嘿,那是我。 那是剛剛發生的事。

幾天之前我殺過你的成員,那個Nagii,所以他討厭我。
在剛才我只是經過他,他殺了我,這讓我注意到他了。
所以我脫光衣服在他跟他朋友身邊跑,我又被殺死了。
誰才是兇手?噢,你受到系統警告了,你才是兇手。

去怨恨遊戲設定吧。

Hey, that's me. It was just what happened.

A few days ago I killed your members, that Nagii, so he hated me.
Just now I just passed him, he killed me, it made me notice him.
So I ran off my clothes and ran with his friend, and I was killed again.
Who is the murderer? Oh, you are warned by the system, you are the murderer.

Go to resent the game set it.

Above is Google Translate.
Nah dont try downplaying it like that lol...
You know exactly what you are doing and that is why you kept coming back without any gear on... Expecting to get killed so you can turn others into outlaws. Calling us murderers while you are the one who started it all is simply hypocrisy. But i wouldnt expect any less from a troll ;) Besides that you willingly miss what the screenshot shows. You attacked first but it still counts towards outlaw status.

Obviously the system needs to change so these trolls cant abuse an exploit in the game..
Elder and sovereign of the Brotherhood of Steel

jsa639

Post by jsa639 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:18 pm

I certainly know what I am doing, I have no gang, level and reached 30, how to attack you?
You shot and kill me, you must bear this risk.
You have to remember, the system showed me: the other side is too weak, can not attack him.

I can only rely on the translation of your dialogue, I hope you are honest.

Ryaca

Post by Ryaca » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:04 pm

Aegis wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:43 pm the system should be adjusted that only if you're in a faction you can attack faction members, if you're factionless you cant attack or be attacked by faction ppl

Or better yet, if one responds after being assaulted first (message that you're being attacked) in case the one defending wins the battle, it shouldnt count torwards the outlaw status.. BUT if the assaulter wins, THIS should count to outlaw status.

Would be the best way to make a working sustainable gameplay and to keep the fairness.
I agree 100%

BlitzCraig

Post by BlitzCraig » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:10 pm

Quote "Or better yet, if one responds after being assaulted first (message that you're being attacked) in case the one defending wins the battle, it shouldnt count torwards the outlaw status.. BUT if the assaulter wins, THIS should count to outlaw status."

This is exactly how it is designed and intended to work... though it seems to not be 100% accurate.

even so, better yet would be that the attacker becomes outlaw for a short time (2-6 hours range) as soon as he attacks, this way, friends can help and nobody becomes outlaw for defending themselves or a friend.

(of course, the attacker would not become outlaw if both are in a faction, or they are on faction map, or they are friends [to allow "testing"])

Aegis

Post by Aegis » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:25 pm

BlitzCraig wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:10 pm Quote
even so, better yet would be that the attacker becomes outlaw for a short time (2-6 hours range) as soon as he attacks, this way, friends can help and nobody becomes outlaw for defending themselves or a friend.
This would make my day... for several others too lol
Aegis :: Retired Senior Game Master (SGM)
Languages: English, Italian, German

FAQ:
http://ov.dmgamestudio.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=229
Game Rules:
http://ov.dmgamestudio.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=151