Planes, trains and automobiles

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!
roarke

Planes, trains and automobiles

Post by roarke » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:48 am

No, not the movie. My brother just gave me a idea about automobiles.
Planes - In the wasteland they are prone to crashing with the survival rate of ... %, the fuel is not easy to be found. So the pilot risk is by using to little or the plane is a junk.
Spare parts : motor, wing parts, various parts, fuel.
Trains - You will get somewhere fast, but trains are prone to crash if they break. They can use coal from abandoned mines full of riders.
Spare parts : coal, parts, boost fuel (like in Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome).
Automobiles - a type of a automobiles can be like a children bicycle or tricycle. Covered with something or not. If the automobile is broken or has to little fuel, you can ride it with another person. One for foward and the other can use the car in reverse position. You get to a location point harder because of the speed and you have encounters quicly than if using a train. You need to click on a top bar in the game for the bicycle automobile to advance. The person in the back can use a machine gun.
Spare parts : wheel, steering-wheel, ammo, weapons, pedals, car battery, fuel.

Below, -| L0n3 |- wanted a craftable vehicle. Ryaca wanted a helicopter.

Code: Select all

http://ov.dmgamestudio.com/viewtopic.php?p=1678#p1678
"Remember! No matter where you go, there you are."
Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
"Remember! No matter where you go, there you are."

Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome

Ryaca

Re: Planes, trains and automobiles

Post by Ryaca » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:15 pm

Planes, trains, and automobiles. Such a great movie.

Hamjam

Post by Hamjam » Mon May 01, 2017 1:15 am

I keep hearing talk about vehicles and it sounds very cool. I think it will be a lot of work to implement effectively. I don't want to be a downer on the idea at though. Just seems like the focus will be on getting the bugs out implementation of skill trees fully. I have no idea, but I would hope. Anyway here is an images I immediately thought of.

The guys in the car are would be the slavers with their victims. The guy in the handmade helicopter is trying not to become their next victim. This is from mad max 2. If anyone sees this and has not seen that movie I highly recommend watching it if not owning a copy.
"The world is a cold and brutal place. Yet there is glory to be had out there in wasteland."

Say hi if I see you out there.

Ryaca

Post by Ryaca » Mon May 01, 2017 4:27 am

Both are very good movies. Mad Max is where I got the helicopter idea.