Crafting help offer

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!
Elbin

Crafting help offer

Post by Elbin » Tue May 02, 2017 12:16 pm

Hello,

I'd like to help develop this great game by offering my help for the faster introduction of crafting into the game (the Inteligence tree). I think the main code infrastructure (unlocking crafting recipes with a skill, crafting items, item stats) is already in place, so it might be just a matter of balance and some good item ideas/images to make things work. Please do not take this as me thinking someone (like me) can do the devs' work better than them. I'm just offering some outsider opinion on any material that might need polishing/adding to/balancing out, which the devs might not have the time to do right now. I am ready to propose a number of items built from scratch, if that will help better, but probably the idea is to be able to make some of the items that are already in the game plus some uniquely crafted ones (like patchwork metal armour, to add to the line of pipe guns that we have now)?

In any case if you give me a direction I can help a lot with ideas/material cost balancing/etc as I like the game very much and would like to see it develop further.

Cheers,
Elbin
Respect all...

Hamjam

Re: Crafting help offer

Post by Hamjam » Tue May 02, 2017 3:40 pm

Elbin wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 12:16 pm Hello,

I'd like to help develop this great game by offering my help for the faster introduction of crafting into the game (the Inteligence tree). I think the main code infrastructure (unlocking crafting recipes with a skill, crafting items, item stats) is already in place, so it might be just a matter of balance and some good item ideas/images to make things work. Please do not take this as me thinking someone (like me) can do the devs' work better than them. I'm just offering some outsider opinion on any material that might need polishing/adding to/balancing out, which the devs might not have the time to do right now. I am ready to propose a number of items built from scratch, if that will help better, but probably the idea is to be able to make some of the items that are already in the game plus some uniquely crafted ones (like patchwork metal armour, to add to the line of pipe guns that we have now)?

In any case if you give me a direction I can help a lot with ideas/material cost balancing/etc as I like the game very much and would like to see it develop further.

Cheers,
Elbin

I am thinking the plan was to implement these rather quickly and a lot of other issues came up many of them game breaking. I honestly have no clue, but would be my first guess. I was picturing a plate overloaded with food when I saw the bug reports start to pour in.

Yet it is awesome to see people in the OV community reach out and offer whatever they have available in terms or resources and time to make this project more than it already is.

More cheers,

HamJam
"The world is a cold and brutal place. Yet there is glory to be had out there in wasteland."

Say hi if I see you out there.