Adding more quickslots

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!
Aegis

Adding more quickslots

Post by Aegis » Thu May 04, 2017 7:31 am

As title and shown in attachment picture, as of now we can only use 6 quick slots for skills and items usage, but already with the skill content wr jave now, 6 slots seems to not be enough, so figures when the other skills are fixed and available for use...

What I've noticed is that down there, there is alot of space to extend the slots to 8 or 10 already, thus at least visually there shouldnt be a problem to add them as static slots (in order to avoid little tabs button to press to switch from 1 quickslot table to another, at least for those with a little bigger fingers...xD)

Hope this get heard and developped asap the main bigger issues are solved :)
Attachments
Screenshot_20170503-012057.jpg
Screenshot_20170503-012057.jpg (266.35 KiB) Viewed 4896 times
Aegis :: Retired Senior Game Master (SGM)
Languages: English, Italian, German

FAQ:
http://ov.dmgamestudio.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=229
Game Rules:
http://ov.dmgamestudio.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=151

Kabuki

Re: Adding more quickslots

Post by Kabuki » Thu May 04, 2017 12:50 pm

I’ll second that. Would be great to have more slots, because now you need to choose- more skills without meds or disable some skills and leave space for healing stuff. Would be easier if we had 8-10 slots.

Elbin

Post by Elbin » Thu May 04, 2017 1:23 pm

Isn't this part of the balance of the game? Less slots mean you cannot choose all your options, you have to prepare for a more specific task, and thus have an increased difficulty. I agree that it's probably possible to add​ more slots, but I don't know how this would change the balance of the game.
Respect all...

Aegis

Post by Aegis » Thu May 04, 2017 7:33 pm

it would still require the player to be high enough to unlock and be able to put such skills down there, there is also the stat limitation and also the skill points ammount limitation based on the lvl before you can even think of putting many actives or toggleable skills down there... and believe me, past some lvls the game right now is no second to any korean style/grade exp grinding to lvl up...
Aegis :: Retired Senior Game Master (SGM)
Languages: English, Italian, German

FAQ:
http://ov.dmgamestudio.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=229
Game Rules:
http://ov.dmgamestudio.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=151

Hamjam

Post by Hamjam » Thu May 04, 2017 8:37 pm

I was personally thinking myself that the limitation of skill slots combined with your meds slots would end up problematic when you get to higher level. I think a simple solution would be to ad 3 more slots or whatever works for the layout and UI. 100% good idea though in my opinion.
"The world is a cold and brutal place. Yet there is glory to be had out there in wasteland."

Say hi if I see you out there.

Rha

Post by Rha » Thu May 04, 2017 9:44 pm

It would make more sense if the quickslot bar was customisable..
Elder and sovereign of the Brotherhood of Steel

Rha

Post by Rha » Sat May 06, 2017 10:03 am

Well it appears some of us have been assuming we could not customise the quickslot bar. But apparently it is customiseable..

Simply go to the skill tree and tap the activated skill you want to remove from the quickbar slots and tap the box.. This will remove or add the selected skill to the quickbar slots..

I do want to add that more quickslot bars would be a great improvement..

Richter

Post by Richter » Sat May 06, 2017 10:23 pm

How about a special slot for HOLSTER mode so I can run 30% faster (using perk) without inventory clicking during a CHASE.
This button will save a lot of lifes.

Rha

Post by Rha » Sun May 07, 2017 2:01 pm

Richter wrote: Sat May 06, 2017 10:23 pm How about a special slot for HOLSTER mode so I can run 30% faster (using perk) without inventory clicking during a CHASE.
This is not relevant to the original post and the suggestion has already been made in another post. A good idea which i hope will be implemented in the game.

Hamjam

Post by Hamjam » Thu May 11, 2017 5:49 am

Rha wrote: Sun May 07, 2017 2:01 pm
Richter wrote: Sat May 06, 2017 10:23 pm How about a special slot for HOLSTER mode so I can run 30% faster (using perk) without inventory clicking during a CHASE.
This is not relevant to the original post and the suggestion has already been made in another post. A good idea which i hope will be implemented in the game.
Thank you.
"The world is a cold and brutal place. Yet there is glory to be had out there in wasteland."

Say hi if I see you out there.