NickNames

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!
PillMaster

NickNames

Post by PillMaster » Fri May 19, 2017 3:23 am

My problem is the login system. I do not like the idea of someone just typing in my account name and getting my password. I like it better if i had a ingame nickname and used email to login or the login name.

I like this more as it adds secuirity. It also adds a problem for youtuber with persons seeing your name or any of your friends name. An hacking your account.

ardesia

Re: NickNames

Post by ardesia » Fri May 19, 2017 5:58 am

PillMaster wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 3:23 am My problem is the login system. I do not like the idea of someone just typing in my account name and getting my password. I like it better if i had a ingame nickname and used email to login or the login name.

I like this more as it adds secuirity. It also adds a problem for youtuber with persons seeing your name or any of your friends name. An hacking your account.
What do you mean with "someone just typing in my account name and getting my password"?
It is not possible to get other players (or forum users) password.
Players see the name you gave your character, but cannot see who is the owner, nor read the friends list.
ardesia :: Retired Game Master (GM)
Game rules :: Forum rules

PillMaster

Post by PillMaster » Fri May 19, 2017 6:17 am

I mean some just typing mt ingame name. An getting access to my account. This not my real account name.

ardesia

Post by ardesia » Fri May 19, 2017 6:29 am

PillMaster wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 6:17 am I mean some just typing mt ingame name. An getting access to my account. This not my real account name.
If someone types your ingame name in the game login field, they don't have access to your account, because they don't know your password.
Use a safe password (as suggested in game rules) and you are safe. Of course, never give anyone the password!
ardesia :: Retired Game Master (GM)
Game rules :: Forum rules

Aegis

Post by Aegis » Fri May 19, 2017 10:50 am

If you make a secure unique password, noone is gonna ever guess your account login infos lol
Aegis :: Retired Senior Game Master (SGM)
Languages: English, Italian, German

FAQ:
http://ov.dmgamestudio.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=229
Game Rules:
http://ov.dmgamestudio.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=151