Outlaws?

As the description says!
Phill

Outlaws?

Post by Phill » Mon May 22, 2017 2:23 pm

Why is outlaws needed as a part of this game?
Can it be substituted with something else?
Or changed someway
Can it be 5 kills within a certain amount of time
Or reduced from a week?
Or postponed till bases work well
Can probraly be replaced by bounties ur bounty goes up for every kill
What if a kill was self defense?

Vevrok

Re: Outlaws?

Post by Vevrok » Tue May 23, 2017 9:29 pm

Well, I don't see reason to be changed.
If you think the current system bad, you can suggest other!
Languages: Portuguese,English,spanish

Aegis

Post by Aegis » Tue May 23, 2017 10:16 pm

Phill wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 2:23 pm Why is outlaws needed as a part of this game?
Because like this ppl who wanna be bad, can be bad... for a price lol👿
Phill wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 2:23 pm Can it be substituted with something else?
Or changed someway
Free to propose some working suggestions 😉
Phill wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 2:23 pm Can it be 5 kills within a certain amount of time
Or reduced from a week?
The actual punishement system seems to work just fine in this aspect, you can always buy a outlaw be gone cash shop item for $ or from a player for around 150k ingame money
Phill wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 2:23 pm Or postponed till bases work well
Can probraly be replaced by bounties ur bounty goes up for every kill
Bases can anyway be attacked by clanned ppl only, and clan battles and kills doesnt count up torwards the getting outlaw status, while the bounty going up per kill is a bad idea as it would be abused... there are some good ideas around in the forum proposed by ppl to implement it in a better working way, but feel free to propose your idea too 😊
Phill wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 2:23 pm What if a kill was self defense?
THIS is the real issue right now, cant describe it for now to avoid further abuse regarding this, just know the fix is in progress to counter this aspect that isnt working right, right now.
Aegis :: Retired Senior Game Master (SGM)
Languages: English, Italian, German

FAQ:
http://ov.dmgamestudio.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=229
Game Rules:
http://ov.dmgamestudio.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=151

Richter

Post by Richter » Wed May 24, 2017 7:16 am

And if you being attacked feel free to kill but waste no time or the system will NOT count that as self defence.

Hamjam

Post by Hamjam » Thu May 25, 2017 11:05 am

Greetings,

So aegis specifically asked for working suggestions. Here are a few of mine:

1. Outlaw status is persistent for 1 week. Period. Only way to escape this might be a robber baron type situation. Steal from the rich. Give to the poor. This would be difficult to implement. I see no real way for anyone to track gifting in real time without far too much time to waste. Yet it sounds like fun.

2. Outlaws can be put on a bounty list. I see an easy exploit here, but its workable. Also the potential for such a thing to get spammed. Basically they take on outlaw status and have a chance to reduce that time via being killed. Lets play devils advocate. So if an potential outlaw can risk it, give them reduced time....maybe take days off to a minimum of 4. After each time the outlaw gets killed....not a day per kill. Maybe a workable %. It would add a lot to this game. People kinda want to kill at will, yet are guarded.

3. Outlaw status is for everyone. Kill enough of a certain mob and you gain outlaw status. Or maybe just enough humanoids. I kinda sometimes feel like we should all be in such a position. Hunted and striving just to live. Maybe after say 6000 humanoid npc kills you gain outlaw status.....just for fun. This would require an actual in game timer vs out of game timer. Exploits abound here as well. This number obviously came out of nowhere, but its an idea.

4. Loading....
"The world is a cold and brutal place. Yet there is glory to be had out there in wasteland."

Say hi if I see you out there.