Gamemaster Apprenticeship Program

Here you will find any important info about the game and the forum!
TrexApex

Re: Gamemaster Apprenticeship Program

Post by TrexApex » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:34 pm

I can communicate with the team with social media.
The Wastelander.

ardesia

Post by ardesia » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:00 am

TrexApex wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:34 pm I can communicate with the team with social media.
Hi TrexApex!
We appreciate indeed your willingness to help.
Attention to details is not explixitly listed as a basic GM requirement, but it is indeed a very useful attitude. Please read again the application form, where it states: Only correctly filled out forms will be considered as an apply.
You can find in this thread good examples of correctly filled out forms. I suggest you to apply again, gathering all the info in just ONE reply, and correctly placing it in form of questions' answers
:D
ardesia :: Retired Game Master (GM)
Game rules :: Forum rules

DirtyHarry

Post by DirtyHarry » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:20 am

ardesia wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:00 am Details attention

Not sure if it lke this in other countries, but the way you worded that had me confused at first trying to work out what you meant. Attention to detail is how i would expect to see it worded.

(edited: thanks, and corrected :-) ardesia)
BoS - SoB - B0S 3 Guilds - 1 Brotherhood

TrexApex

Post by TrexApex » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:07 pm

I joined omega vanitas in April 17 2017. I am 19, people who wanted me to qualify for Gm: Killazoo, Gk22, And Aegis. I am active 6 to 9 hours a day and be willing to put aside my time to improve the game. I want to be GM to help others in need of bugs or Other Gm abusing their power I will put them down if needed. I have never been muted or outlawed I have never hadone the need to use bugs to level. I will contact the team frequently. I have read the manual I know the rules and I accent them. Pick me to make the Game fun by punishing those who need it and send you guys suggestions from the people who play Omega vanitas and I know you'll make the best choice. I promise to not abuse my power or use it for harming the game.I know you'll be monitoring my actions. I understand that this is a responsibility I choose. I would fix as a tinker by helping with bugs and the game. I send you suggestions everyday and I will tell the players of omega vanitas important information. I may not be a person you want but need. I will help noobs and explain the rules and even enforce it. So Sincerely TrexApex To the Team of Omega Vanitas. I known these people for 4 days we talk on kik. My main account is TrexApex others are TrexApex never have had sold or gave my account I am fluent in English and speak Spanish. Never been GameMaster in any other games. Yes I will be willing to use Facebook to contact the Team. I remain calm under pressure and never get mad when criticized. And yes I have read staff rules.
The Wastelander.

Hamjam

Post by Hamjam » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:38 am

"I'm going to respond here as it may help others understand a couple issues you brought up as well. First, it is literally never too late to apply. The application thread will basically always be open. Definitely there will be times when somebody is needed more or less than other times, but that honestly doesn't change the recruiting and training process very much anyway lol. Second, as a watcher, there would be no problem being sovereign of a faction (assuming you report abuse from those inside your faction the same as those outside it or enemies of course) However, as GM, you would likely (almost 100%) have to leave your faction altogether. A good role player could separate the two and remain fair, but even then there is simply too much potential for perceived abuses to occur, which is ultimately detrimental to the game, the players, and the GM team - BlitzCraig"

This I must agree with. Part of why I have no desire to be a GM. Far too much responsibility. I can pay attention. I feel anyone taking on that role should be under serious scrutiny if they were to maintain the position (sovereign) of scrutiny over a faction they built themselves. It has too much gray area. It could happen, and may some day be needed. Honestly I do have some experience in the matter. Yet no desire to resume such a post... have kids, life. I can watch. I am known for my vulgar nature. Often with language. I can watch for it also and think it has no place in general chat. Factions should be an exception. You WILL have blowback if you try to moderate what people can say in faction/clan/tribe chat.

Edit: Many folk get disillusioned when censored in all formats.
"The world is a cold and brutal place. Yet there is glory to be had out there in wasteland."

Say hi if I see you out there.

ardesia

Post by ardesia » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:48 am

Faction and private chat are already named in game rules as areas with potentially more relaxed language (note 2 of rule 10) :)

On being GM and sovereign of a faction, you mentioned an important point, which I'd like to extend a bit.
I was duke of a clan in Forgotten Tales (being it the equivalent of OV factions S) when I decided to start walking the GM path. Reflections on the (imo impossible) concurrence of GM and S titles on the same person, I very well know them.

A sovereign is responsible for the faction well-being. They are the human factor leading players join the faction; they maintain relationships with other factions, establishing alliances, trade deals, peace and war. They are the ones looked up by faction members when attacked or in need, and theirs is the duty of keeping the faction running. Faction is their main focus, it often comes first than their own personal game goals (such as quests or grinding).

A GM has to be neutral. GMs have no friends and no enemies when it comes to halt a rule violation, punish AND reward players.

Being GM and S at the same time, it would be too much a task. The roles simply conflict each other.
A theoretical GM-and-S who would be able to keep feeling a special bound with their faction would be too tempted to abuse powers in order to help it, and in so would be a bad GM.
A theoretical GM-and-S who wouldn't maintain that feeling, would be a bad S and should leave faction leadership.

Moreover, players punished by this hypotetical GM-and-S could start wars against their faction, just as a sort of twisted revenge. Good S wouldn't wish to cause that to their faction.
ardesia :: Retired Game Master (GM)
Game rules :: Forum rules

Hamjam

Post by Hamjam » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:49 pm

ardesia wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:48 am Faction and private chat are already named in game rules as areas with potentially more relaxed language (note 2 of rule 10) :)

On being GM and sovereign of a faction, you mentioned an important point, which I'd like to extend a bit.
I was duke of a clan in Forgotten Tales (being it the equivalent of OV factions S) when I decided to start walking the GM path. Reflections on the (imo impossible) concurrence of GM and S titles on the same person, I very well know them.

A sovereign is responsible for the faction well-being. They are the human factor leading players join the faction; they maintain relationships with other factions, establishing alliances, trade deals, peace and war. They are the ones looked up by faction members when attacked or in need, and theirs is the duty of keeping the faction running. Faction is their main focus, it often comes first than their own personal game goals (such as quests or grinding).

A GM has to be neutral. GMs have no friends and no enemies when it comes to halt a rule violation, punish AND reward players.

Being GM and S at the same time, it would be too much a task. The roles simply conflict each other.
A theoretical GM-and-S who would be able to keep feeling a special bound with their faction would be too tempted to abuse powers in order to help it, and in so would be a bad GM.
A theoretical GM-and-S who wouldn't maintain that feeling, would be a bad S and should leave faction leadership.

Moreover, players punished by this hypotetical GM-and-S could start wars against their faction, just as a sort of twisted revenge. Good S wouldn't wish to cause that to their faction.

Pretty much exactly all my thoughts about taking on that responsibility and a need for neutrality. I have myself seen such conflicts of interest arise in other MMO's. Also thanks for clearing up details about chat. Anyway, thanks for all the good work you guys are doing.
"The world is a cold and brutal place. Yet there is glory to be had out there in wasteland."

Say hi if I see you out there.

Capricorn

Post by Capricorn » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:16 am

My main game account: Capricorn

accounts did you share / buy / sell / trade?: Make purchases through the google market

you started playing Omega Vanitas?: June 18

Have you ever been muffled? If yes, why?: I did not understand the question, but who did not muffle me
Have you ever been outlawed? If yes, why?: No, not on one of the accounts.
Why do you want to become a player? A very large region is undefeated, not understood. Need to help many novice players. The group in the social network vk (in contact) does not always cope with the amount of work. My opinion if the help is in the game it will be more conceptual.
Why do you think that you should be a player? I am harmful but fair, with a complex sense of humor. And the main thing: I fell ill with this game and want to do it better.
Why should we take You into the GM community? I am one of the most adequate players,
gov Do you read the Staff Rules before submitting the application and will you follow them? Yes, I read it. I do not understand the question. But the most repeated word is honor and justice.
A list of three people who can support your application. How long have you known these people? Lord_, Fish-Mouse, Bird Man. All about a week or two.
In what country do you live and what is your time zone? Ukraine, Kiev GSM + 3
Do you speak English fluently? Awful speak English, I use an interpreter
Which languages ​​can you speak / print? Ukrainian, Russian, very bad in English
Are you over 18 years old? The minimum age is 18 years old ... I 30
Can you stay calm when under pressure or criticize? Yes
Can you work as a team or individually? Yes, can
you have previous experience as a gamer? If so, what is the game (s)? I played in many games. But did not play in the top lineup
Do you use Facebook chat to communicate with the game team? Yes of course
Last edited by Capricorn on Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
With all due respect ,Capricorn

DirtyHarry

Post by DirtyHarry » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:46 am

Capricorn wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:16 am Have you ever been muffled? If yes, why?: I did not understand the question, but who did not muffle me
Muffled / muted , you may have seen people in game with a s symbol after their name, it means silenced usually for aggression or cursing in chat.
BoS - SoB - B0S 3 Guilds - 1 Brotherhood

Capricorn

Post by Capricorn » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:42 am

Точно НЕТ
With all due respect ,Capricorn