server lag!

You found a bug? Post it here!
chris

server lag!

Post by chris » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:54 am

Hi im new here i just wanna know why server lags. I dont have problem on my internet sorry for bsd english

Kabuki

Re: server lag!

Post by Kabuki » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:55 am

As days goes by, this game more and more becomes unplayable because of lag. Wonder if devs know it and what is planned to do for this.

I know that it's additional expenses, but devs could do some crowdfunding, imo many players (including myself) would donate for purpose of removing lag.

This becoming biggest obstacle for now to play OV.

Killazoo

Post by Killazoo » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:25 pm

:o yeah lag is getting increasingly horrible almost to the point we can't play anymore. Is there any forum mods or devs active? :ugeek:

Ryaca

Post by Ryaca » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:14 pm

Can players mobile devices contribute to lag?

bbardiya

Post by bbardiya » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:59 pm

Exactly lags become more and more you need move game on better server like ft
bb--->bbardiya faction
OV-->37

BlitzCraig

Post by BlitzCraig » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:02 pm

Don't bet your house on this (lol) but i think some of the issue is a lot of changes being done and server restart timing and such - as things are fixed and implemented, this should reduce the lag substantially pretty quickly i believe

Ryaca

Post by Ryaca » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:22 pm

I also believe that people tend to store a lot of information on their devices close to maximum capacity and have numerous things running on them at the same time. For instance, I know someone that always has many apps and internet pages open while they are doing other things and they complain that their phone runs slow. Also, I close everything before I begin playing and I clear my cache for my apps at least once a week. I also delete my browser and cookies cached data from my phone and tablet every week. Furthermore, I make sure to turn my phone and tablet off often. The internet suggests turning off your device at least once every 3 days. I don't know if this helps or not but I have to believe that if these things are not done and good maintenance is not performed on a mobile device, that this would result in a device running laggy and slow. I'm sure that some of the lag is from the game also but maybe some is from the mobile device itself.

BlitzCraig

Post by BlitzCraig » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:35 pm

oh yes, great point - thanks for not letting it go unsaid lol - much of the time, lag is created (or made worse) by client-side issues (Internet speed, low available device memory etc)

Ryaca

Post by Ryaca » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:23 pm

I wondered. I always see players complaining about lag as if it is only the game causing it. Never once have I heard a player admit or suggest that it could be possible that it is their device.

BlitzCraig

Post by BlitzCraig » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:50 pm

Yeah, it happens a lot... another issue can be location - some countries will sometimes experience more or less lag than players in other countries... this one is considerable more difficult to deal with of course