Newb Death Luring

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!
pearcekj

Newb Death Luring

Post by pearcekj » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:49 pm

Something has to be done about mob swarms being constantly lured onto other players. I waste way too much time running from this or dying to it and it's the largest factor ruining the game for me right now.

Maybe change the AI so that when large mob swarms lose their initial target, they stop aggroing and return to their spawn point before resuming the offensive. I've seen this done in other games and it works well.

BlitzCraig

Re: Newb Death Luring

Post by BlitzCraig » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:52 pm

yes, i completely agree - Myself and others have suggested a new targeting system for the enemies, and after a little more time to iron out the majority of the wrinkles expected for a new game, I'm hoping this will be addressed ;)

Putokrack

Post by Putokrack » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:12 pm

The distance that mob can run from his spawnpoint after the players who triggered the spawn runs away is now limited to several cells. If players without sprint just slooowly moving the masses to you, then it is time to change locations for anything far away that 1 location from Silosia. There is plenty of places where any lvl can farm without getting into commonly used beginner's routs.

Sprint for the win tho

zepper93

Post by zepper93 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:00 am

It might also help new people if instead of just poaching asking for help or if they can grind with higher lvls. I constantly have lower lvls thinking they can just attack my kill so I move so they can face the monster and they die. This is there own fault do not go where ur level can die easy and don't ever just assume u can take someone's kill it's rude and disrespectful and i hate low leveling poachers

PillMaster

Post by PillMaster » Mon May 22, 2017 4:54 am

The Swarm of bugs killed me.!

Aegis

Post by Aegis » Mon May 22, 2017 8:30 am

Dont get yourself encircled/swarmed if you cant deal with it.. EVER! 😅
Aegis :: Retired Senior Game Master (SGM)
Languages: English, Italian, German

FAQ:
http://ov.dmgamestudio.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=229
Game Rules:
http://ov.dmgamestudio.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=151