Clear the Mobs Faster

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!
Cashew

Clear the Mobs Faster

Post by Cashew » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:19 pm

Why make mobs follow indefinitely?

I'm reporting the creator of this idea for ruining my game experience.

Every time some noob runs by me almost death dragging a map's worth spawn because he ran around looting I have to log and wait for 5+ minutes before attempting to play again.

Then I run in and maybe get to play for 30 seconds before some noob once again gets chased by an entire map worth of spawn and forces me to log once again.

Limit the wander range of the mobs so I can play the game please. Like seriously I play for 30 seconds and have to log for minutes or die because of wandering swarms of mobs.

BlitzCraig

Re: Clear the Mobs Faster

Post by BlitzCraig » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:30 am

they generally shouldn't target you from very far away.. it's this not what you're experiencing?

I'm still hoping that their target mechanic will be changed in the relatively near future - but i also know that is not at the top of the priority list right now (and nor should it be... even in my opinion as somebody who has been pushing the idea for years in FT lol ;) )

Cashew

Post by Cashew » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:32 pm

The problem mostly lies in the clearing of them. Like when some newb drags a whole map onto you, they will stay even if you hop maps or log out for several minutes after.

I've logged for 5 mins several times and log in only to be surrounded and killed by the same group that was there 5 minutes ago.

They also follow you way too far, like literally you cannot run away from them (I haven't been able to anyway but my speed is only like 140) and when I'm half a map away they still come after me.

The only counter measures I've found to not die on return to your spot is either log out for a good 10 minutes, or just in a different spot.

This is highly frustrating when you play for 2 minutes and have to stop for 10.

pearcekj

Post by pearcekj » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:00 pm

I agree they get lured way too easily and linger too long. Not only that but a whole rat king of mobs will ping pong from one side of the map to the other following players, which may be why they don't disappear since they maintain an active target longer.

I did lure a group of 15+ mobs earlier today to a chokepoint where only three could surround and attack me at a time and it seemed like half the group ran off and quickly disappeared and I survived. Might be a tactic worth investigating for now.