Adding a marketplace to make trading easier

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!
Khaera
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:10 pm

Adding a marketplace to make trading easier

Post by Khaera » Mon May 13, 2019 7:21 pm

Trading in the game is rather difficult, since there is often a language barrier between players if one doesn't speak Russian, nor you can always find people willing to buy an item even when you have something good to sell, so you start to stockpiling decent items in your bank and waste time spamming messages in that very small chat for selling those items. By adding a marketplace in the game, for example as a new building in one of the main cities, together with the classic system of an online catalogue for buying/selling items, where a player put an item in the marketplace, give a price to it and other players, by accessing the same place, search with the catalogue items to buy, it would seriously improve the trading aspect of this game, since it would be faster and easier to buy or sell anything. Also, with a marketplace the crafting system would be more used since it would be a good way to make money by selling stock of crafted items, like healing items, clothes etc.
Last edited by Khaera on Tue May 14, 2019 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Yfars
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:55 am

Re: Adding a marketplace to make trading easier

Post by Yfars » Mon May 13, 2019 11:16 pm

1f44d.png
1f44d.png (16.62 KiB) Viewed 439 times
Yfars :: Game Master (GM)
Languages: English, Russian

FAQ:
http://ov.dmgamestudio.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=229
Game Rules:
http://ov.dmgamestudio.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=151
Telegram:
@Yfars

Khaera
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:10 pm

Re: Adding a marketplace to make trading easier

Post by Khaera » Tue May 14, 2019 1:56 pm

I forgot to say that other than filters to choose what items you want to buy, every item selled in this hypothetical catalogue would need to stay for a limited time (something like a day or a little more) in the catalogue to avoid items cluttering. This would also avoid the marketplace from becoming some sort of bank where players can sell items at an absurd prices to simply store them. But limited time for selling items lead to the problem about where the items that aren't selled goes. They could be transfered in the player's bank, and when the bank storage is already full they could be preserved in the marketplace for a limited time (for example 24 hours) before disappearing.

Navajo
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:37 pm

Re: Adding a marketplace to make trading easier

Post by Navajo » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:48 pm

I totally agree with this, almost every mmo has this and is vital for success for players who don't want to waste hours to find an item for a quest

MRVN
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:28 am

Re: Adding a marketplace to make trading easier

Post by MRVN » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:22 am

imagining it, for me adding a marketplace would be tedious, so it's much better if the player can setup their own stall and sell their goods. I imagined it looking like the inventory interface of the game, where players can assign a "for sale" tag to the items inside their inventory. When they assigned the items for sale, they can individually set the price for each item. For bullets and other stackable items, you can add a parameter so that players can set how many they want to sell. When the player sets his own shop, there should be an icon above his head (like the other merchant icons in the game) indicating that the player is selling items. The other players can view the items for sale via the player menu (like when viewing the player's equipped items), they can click on items so they can see the details and displays a "buy" button at the bottom.

what do you think?

User avatar
Yfars
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:55 am

Re: Adding a marketplace to make trading easier

Post by Yfars » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:57 am

MRVN wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:22 am
imagining it, for me adding a marketplace would be tedious, so it's much better if the player can setup their own stall and sell their goods. I imagined it looking like the inventory interface of the game, where players can assign a "for sale" tag to the items inside their inventory. When they assigned the items for sale, they can individually set the price for each item. For bullets and other stackable items, you can add a parameter so that players can set how many they want to sell. When the player sets his own shop, there should be an icon above his head (like the other merchant icons in the game) indicating that the player is selling items. The other players can view the items for sale via the player menu (like when viewing the player's equipped items), they can click on items so they can see the details and displays a "buy" button at the bottom.

what do you think?
Why create a system through which the player will continue to stand for hours in one place, but without sending messages about the sale of goods? The player can send his goods to the trading board and go about his business, he will not have to spend hours in the city idle, let alone show his inventory to other players. This is a quick trading system, but if desired, the player can still continue to use the old trading methods
Yfars :: Game Master (GM)
Languages: English, Russian

FAQ:
http://ov.dmgamestudio.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=229
Game Rules:
http://ov.dmgamestudio.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=151
Telegram:
@Yfars

MRVN
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:28 am

Re: Adding a marketplace to make trading easier

Post by MRVN » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:33 am

Yfars wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:57 am
MRVN wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:22 am
imagining it, for me adding a marketplace would be tedious, so it's much better if the player can setup their own stall and sell their goods. I imagined it looking like the inventory interface of the game, where players can assign a "for sale" tag to the items inside their inventory. When they assigned the items for sale, they can individually set the price for each item. For bullets and other stackable items, you can add a parameter so that players can set how many they want to sell. When the player sets his own shop, there should be an icon above his head (like the other merchant icons in the game) indicating that the player is selling items. The other players can view the items for sale via the player menu (like when viewing the player's equipped items), they can click on items so they can see the details and displays a "buy" button at the bottom.

what do you think?
Why create a system through which the player will continue to stand for hours in one place, but without sending messages about the sale of goods? The player can send his goods to the trading board and go about his business, he will not have to spend hours in the city idle, let alone show his inventory to other players. This is a quick trading system, but if desired, the player can still continue to use the old trading methods
Oh, I never thought about that :D Thanks for the reply.

User avatar
Nada
Posts: 157
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:36 am
Location: Indonesia

Re: Adding a marketplace to make trading easier

Post by Nada » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:36 pm

MRVN wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:22 am
Spoiler:
imagining it, for me adding a marketplace would be tedious, so it's much better if the player can setup their own stall and sell their goods. I imagined it looking like the inventory interface of the game, where players can assign a "for sale" tag to the items inside their inventory. When they assigned the items for sale, they can individually set the price for each item. For bullets and other stackable items, you can add a parameter so that players can set how many they want to sell. When the player sets his own shop, there should be an icon above his head (like the other merchant icons in the game) indicating that the player is selling items. The other players can view the items for sale via the player menu (like when viewing the player's equipped items), they can click on items so they can see the details and displays a "buy" button at the bottom.
what do you think?
The simple and easier ways for me to trading is selling thing to NPC

About shop I just imagine a small place like nomad village will turn out to be a bazzar like arabic style, full of people just want to selling their items but since their shop/trade is fixed placed that will makes other people hard to move/walk.

And will make monopoly in some area like colonialism era East Indies Company I mean some traders will combined it's power and wealth in one faction and will claimed his areas/marketplace with force and power,I just imaginated someday if this happend, there will spawn a bunch of trader factions that wars each others just to get/claimed a marketplace or destroy other traders faction.
A peaceful lone wandered in the Wasteland ;)
Om telolet om
Hello there
Paramedic

User avatar
Yfars
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:55 am

Re: Adding a marketplace to make trading easier

Post by Yfars » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:53 am

Nada wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:36 pm
MRVN wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:22 am
Spoiler:
imagining it, for me adding a marketplace would be tedious, so it's much better if the player can setup their own stall and sell their goods. I imagined it looking like the inventory interface of the game, where players can assign a "for sale" tag to the items inside their inventory. When they assigned the items for sale, they can individually set the price for each item. For bullets and other stackable items, you can add a parameter so that players can set how many they want to sell. When the player sets his own shop, there should be an icon above his head (like the other merchant icons in the game) indicating that the player is selling items. The other players can view the items for sale via the player menu (like when viewing the player's equipped items), they can click on items so they can see the details and displays a "buy" button at the bottom.
what do you think?
The simple and easier ways for me to trading is selling thing to NPC

About shop I just imagine a small place like nomad village will turn out to be a bazzar like arabic style, full of people just want to selling their items but since their shop/trade is fixed placed that will makes other people hard to move/walk.

And will make monopoly in some area like colonialism era East Indies Company I mean some traders will combined it's power and wealth in one faction and will claimed his areas/marketplace with force and power,I just imaginated someday if this happend, there will spawn a bunch of trader factions that wars each others just to get/claimed a marketplace or destroy other traders faction.
;)
ban.png
ban.png (187.18 KiB) Viewed 149 times
Yfars :: Game Master (GM)
Languages: English, Russian

FAQ:
http://ov.dmgamestudio.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=229
Game Rules:
http://ov.dmgamestudio.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=151
Telegram:
@Yfars

User avatar
Nada
Posts: 157
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:36 am
Location: Indonesia

Re: Adding a marketplace to make trading easier

Post by Nada » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:55 pm

Yfars wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:53 am

;)
ban.png
Hold on there you can't just banned people because they selling thing and block people's way
A peaceful lone wandered in the Wasteland ;)
Om telolet om
Hello there
Paramedic

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests