Gamemaster Apprenticeship Program

Here you will find any important info about the game and the forum!
ardesia

Gamemaster Apprenticeship Program

Post by ardesia » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:47 pm

Welcome to the Gamemaster Apprenticeship Program
We are happy to have players like you in this wonderful game!

Omega Vanitas is currently recruiting volunteer gamemasters to join the team and contribuite maintaining the game and the community run smoothly and be source of entertainment, adventure and fun for all players.
What does it mean to be a gamemaster?
The main duty of a gamemaster is to supervise the game and enforce game rules.
Moreover, as a GM and depending on your personal aptitudes, you need to be willing to spend some of your time monitoring the forum, interacting with the community, being available in game helping players with gameplay questions, creating or helding special events, investigating and resolving issues and performing other tasks.
With great power comes great responsibility. You will be given tools and abilities to handle any circumstances which may arise. Some may wish to use this power for their own personal gain, but rest assured, GM activities are monitored, and transgressions will be dealt with.

Selection criteria & requirements

We know that our process to find the best gamemasters is not perfect. We are no psychologists and we cannot spend days on background checks including server logfiles and all forum posts.
So it will occur that we miss some people. Do not take it as an offense if you were declined by us. Patience can be the key.
Do not think we don't still love you if we pass over your application. Keep up the good work for the game, help the new players! We need you out there!
It is also important to note that the needs of the team are considered when choosing people as prospective GMs. For example, after the team has narrowed the applicants down to the "most promising" applicants, we will look at perceived strengths and weaknesses, and determine how each one would fit into the current team. An applicant who "fills a hole" in the current team's strengths is likely to be chosen over an equally qualified a person with strengths which are the same as those already possessed by GMs. (i.e. speaking a language not already covered, in-game vs. forum work, being active at different times of day etc.) So again, do not be discouraged if you are not immediately selected. It does not necessarily mean that the GM team finds you unqualified. It takes time and care to properly train and monitor a GM, so we simply cannot choose everybody we believe would fit the position and incorporate them into the team at the same time.

If your application has been removed from this thread, it has or it is being evaluated by the staff team. You will be contacted, if it meets the criteria as mentioned below.

You do not need to reach a particular level, nor do you have to purchase anything before you can become a gamemaster - those factors are not considered here. The application depends on the seats available and the current need for gamemasters. It is possible to have a perfectly eligible person, yet no seats available. If this is the case, they will be next in line.

Please note, that a certain level of english speaking is required, being english the official game language.
This is to ensure a good communication not just inside the game, but also in the staff group.
We have native speakers, who decide if you fulfil this criterion.

When chosen, an admitted apprentice normally will be added to the OV Watchers group and learn the basic way of the staff team works. After a while (and if they seems to suit the team), one of their characters will gain junior status, so they can use basic gamemaster powers. This does not mean, that they are a gamemaster already. Yet, the apprentice who shows good progress and is deemed ready, will graduate from the program and start their gamemaster career.

Remember: Becoming a gamemaster comes with sacrifices.
You will have to follow the staff rules. Read them before applying!

Qualities sought after

Good attitude
Good attitude is a crucial quality in a gamemaster. This is self-explanatory: a gamemaster must above all be polite and patient, as they will need to set the example and be the more mature in any situation. As gamemaster, you will happen to punish players, and remain calm and professional even if subject of their anger.

Helpfulness
Giving a helping hand never hurts and usually will make you friends and it will get you noticed by the staff. Usually, if you have time to help other players, this means there is a greater chance that you will have time to moderate, compared to players who stick more to themselves, which is not necessarily a flaw, yet helpful players are better fitted for GM work.

Honesty/Transparency
Players who notice a glitch, and try to report it, rather than abuse it for personal gain, or other such more selfish things, are players who are more fit to be a gamemaster, as trust is a crucial component in GM work. Same thing goes for language and PVP abuse. If you are one of those who speak up, we will know you won’t be afraid to take action, should things like these arise under your watch.

Sense of responsibility and discreetness
With the mod work, there come huge responsibilites along. Within our staff team, we talk open about players, events etc. - there are many confindential informations included, like account passwords, manners of individuals and so on. You have to be able to keep these secrets by yourself.

Teamworking capabilities
Gamemasters work in team; they are required to be capable of individual actions and initiativeness, as well as to be respectful of group and hierarchy decisions and guidelines.
This includes, being part of group chat lines.

If you meet those requirements, apply posting your reply and filling out this form.
Only correctly filled out forms will be considered as an apply.
  • My main game account is:
  • All my other OV MMO accounts are:
  • What accounts have you shared / bought / sold / traded?
  • When did you start playing Omega Vanitas?
  • Have you ever been muted? If so, what for?
  • Have you ever been outlawed? If so, what for?
  • Why do you want to be a gamemaster?
  • Why do you think you should be a gamemaster?
  • Why should we accept you into the GMs community?
  • Did you read the Staff Rules before applying and will you follow them?
  • What is the current keyword?
  • List three people that can support your application. How long have you known these people?
  • In which country you live and what is your timezone?
  • Are you fluent in english?
  • What language(s) can you speak/type?
  • Are you older than 18 years? Minimum age required is 18 years!
  • Are you able to remain calm when under pressure or criticised?
  • Are you able to both work in team and individually?
  • Do you have previous experience as gamemaster? If so, in which game(s)?
  • Are you willing to use Facebook chats in order to communicate with the game team?
ardesia :: Retired Game Master (GM)
Game rules :: Forum rules

Vevrok

Re: Gamemaster Apprenticeship Program

Post by Vevrok » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:58 pm

My main game account is: Vevrok.

All my other MMO accounts are: Vevrok.

When did you start playing Omega: when it was released on play store 18/march/2017 (I don't remember very well.

Have you ever been muted? I never got mute. ?
Outlawed: no , Never, i play in peace.

Why do you want to be a gamemaster: Because I am dedicated to what I do, I have a lot of time available, I like to help, and I can bring new ideas to the team, I already had a chance to be in another game period: 1 year, and help the players well in the game or Forum, I saw the rules and I'm aware of them and hope to one day help

Why should we accept you into the GMs community: Because I am trustworthy, dedicated, active, and in my own opinion the maturity is a valuable thing and I know this is a volunteer job, and I will work as a team as this is a team

Did you read the Staff Rules before applying and will you follow them: Yes, I did read all them how the rule says (read the rules before applying)

What is the current keyword: TeamWork, but I saw in *Rules before apply: locutus) sorry for this.

List three people that can support your application: Dio (I just talk with him)

How long have you known these people: all my time in-game

In which country you live and what is your timezone: I live in-brazil (gmt-3)

Are you fluent in english: yes

What language(s) can you speak/type: Portuguese,english,spanish, poland(learning)

Are you older than 18 years? Minimum age required is 18 years! Are you able to remain calm when under pressure or criticised: I have 18 years old, and I am a person likes hard work , learn and improves it

Are you able to work in team and individually: I can work as them need, team or individually

Do you have previous experience as gamemaster? If so, in which game(s): Pandum online, mirage realms, little war online, and others

Are you willing to use Facebook chats in order to communicate with the game team: If need they'll contact us, And I will be aware this.

(Note: I edited with spaces in words only)
Last edited by Vevrok on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Languages: Portuguese,English,spanish

Killazoo

Post by Killazoo » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:53 pm

1.My main game account is:Killazoo

2.All my other MMO accounts are:Lumberjack

3.What accounts have you shared / bought / sold / traded? None.

4.When did you start playing Omega Vanitas? March2017

5.Have you ever been muted? If so, what for? No

6.Have you ever been outlawed? If so, what for?No

7.Why do you want to be a gamemaster? I'd like to help the team in the development of OV from the first time I played it was hooked. And would like to see it become the masterpiece it can be.

8.Why do you think you should be a gamemaster? Because I am loyal to my higher ups and keep equality and justice in the game.(watchman would be ok for me to start)

9.Why should we accept you into the GMs community? I feel I would be an asset via in game testing/balancing or forum upholdings.

10.Did you read the Staff Rules before applying and will you follow them?Yes everything sounds great!

11.What is the current keyword? Don't want to exploit it :lol:

12.List three people that can support your application. How long have you known these people?Rha/Known 5 or 6 years.-Aegis/known1month.-Spartan24/5 or 6 years.

13.In which country you live and what is your timezone?USA Central time zone.

14.Are you fluent in english?. English is my primary language.

15.What language(s) can you speak/type?English. Some Español

16.Are you older than 18 years? Minimum age required is 18 years! 32 years this year.

17.Are you able to remain calm when under pressure or criticised?yes

18.Are you able to both work in team and individually?yes

19.Do you have previous experience as gamemaster? If so, in which game(s)? Not GM position but worked closely with other GM and creators. Zombie raiders(all versions)- Darkorbit.- After Earth- Diablo 1. (Yes win98 version) :lol:

20.Are you willing to use Facebook chats in order to communicate with the game team?wouldn't be a problem.

ThreeDog

Post by ThreeDog » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:45 am

My main game account is:ThreeeDog
All my other MMO accounts are: ThreeDog
What accounts have you shared / bought / sold / traded? :None because this is not only heavily frowned upon at most time against the rules resulting in jailing and reduced levels or whatever punishment the gm sees fit
When did you start playing Omega Vanitas? Roughly 3 or so weeks ago around late march
Have you ever been muted?Never,I use public chat purely for trading usually
If so, what for? N/A
Have you ever been outlawed? Yes actually you may have seen my thread in bugs why.
If so, what for? Check thread for details
Why do you want to be a gamemaster? Because ever since I started playing this game ive wanted everything to do with it I wanna do as much as I can to help out the team,the forums,and game community to try to make the game a better place,I see great potential in an already addictive game.
Why do you think you should be a gamemaster? I think I should be a gamemaster because of my patience and maturity,to be able to calmy able to control any situation without falling down to insults or taunting,I also play at very late hours sometimes to 3-4 am and during the day too
Why should we accept you into the GMs community? Because I believe I can supply the team with flexable hours,and make the community a better place I want to put forth a lot of effort to help you achieve the goal of the perfect community that nearly ever community strives to go for and work as a whole together to achieve this,I have reported many bugs,players,also submitted a bunch of ideas on the forum staying active in game and on the forums,I can do the same as a gm.
Did you read the Staff Rules before applying and will you follow them? Before this form came I read the rules each section 5 times over excited for when this form may come out
What is the current keyword? Locutus
List three people that can support your application.
Ayylmao,rha,sparkle
How long have you known these people? Little over 2 weeks
In which country you live and what is your timezone? United states of america Central time utc-06:00
Are you fluent in english? Yes very fluent in fact its the only language I speak sadly.
What language(s) can you speak/type?English...sorry thats it not very impressive huh
Are you older than 18 years? No I'm sorry,I'm 15 almost 16,I wpn't lie and say I'm 18 just to get the position,I'm hoping you can be able to see past age and allow me to become part of the team anyway,I've been shunned before just because I'm a teenager,I was raised around adults,homeschooled too,I was raised to be mature,calm,collected and intelligent
Are you able to remain calm when under pressure or criticised? Very,I have a heavy filter on that,nothing can get through unless its someone I care about saying it(i.e father,family, or girlfriend)
Are you able to both work in team and individually? Yes I believe I am fully capable of either
Do you have previous experience as gamemaster? I do not,I have experience being an admin and a moderator a few times but never a gamemaster.
If so, in which game(s)? N/A
Are you willing to use Facebook chats in order to communicate with the game team? Yes I am,I have a facebook and wouldnt mind using it for communication between team members
Its Three Dog Commin at ya live from the D.C Hellhole...ain't life grand (User:Threeedog)
Clan:MOB (The Mafia) Position:The Don

Hamjam

Post by Hamjam » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:15 am

Edit
Last edited by Hamjam on Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The world is a cold and brutal place. Yet there is glory to be had out there in wasteland."

Say hi if I see you out there.

Rha

Post by Rha » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:20 pm

Hi guys i would like to apply for the GM apprenticeship or for the watchmen program at least. I fell in love with your game since the start. And i love being part of the community and to be a part of this diamond in the rough that will hopefully keep growing. My goal here is to help this game grow and simply to be a bigger part of this amazing project so as requested here are the answer to the question list.

-My main game account is Rha (sovereign of Bos)
-My only alt is Rasha (lvl2 i made yesterday)
-I have never bought, sold, shared or traded an account
-I started playing OV about 3 weeks ago
-I have never been muted for as far as i know
-I have never been an outlaw
-I will summarise the answer to the following 3 questions.
I want to be a game master in OV because i love the game. And i want to be a bigger part of it. I think i posses excellent qualities that a GM should have when it comes to making the right call. TBH i dont like bragging but i have been praised by my faction brothers for my skills in diplomacy and communication when dealing with other factions. Im sure these kind of skills would prove usefull for a GM. I take pride in how i manage my faction and how i make sure everybody follows the rules. We goal is to be a peaceful faction even though some other factions make that impossible. Justice and peace is what the brotherhood stands for and i hope such a thing reflects well on my application. We even hunted down the player Elpsycho who had been terrorising the entire server ;).
Im sure that boasting about killing another player isnt helping my application but for me its more about showing character. I think you heard the name before so hopefully you understand the context of it.
-I read the staff rules and will follow them
-Locutus
-Aegis, Killazoo, sparkle
Ive known Aegis since a couple weeks from OV. And i know Killazoo and sparkle for some years from another similar game called Zombie Raiders
-I live in the Netherlands gmt+1
-Yes im fluent in English
-Besides English is speak Dutch fluently, i also speak some German and French
-Im 31 years of age
-I consider myself to be a very thoughtfull person who has good control of his emotions. So i view critique as a way to better myself. Working as a door to door salesman has taught me how to handle negativity and other peoples emotions. And irl as well as in games im often called upon to help mediate in delicate situations.
-Working in a team is where i shine best but i have no trouble working individually.
-I have no experience with being a GM myself but experiences of friends have given me some insight.
-I have no problem with using facebook

I hope i am not too late. I was under the impression i couldnt apply because of the fact im the sovereign of one of the bigger factions. But since many people in my faction keep telling me i should apply i decided to do it after careful consideration. I believe i am very capable of not letting my role as sovereign interfere with the role of GM or watchman. It is a role-playing game after all ;) And im sure you keep a close eye on the applicants either way.

Thx for reading this post and i hope to hear something soon.

I'm going to respond here as it may help others understand a couple issues you brought up as well. First, it is literally never too late to apply. The application thread will basically always be open. Definitely there will be times when somebody is needed more or less than other times, but that honestly doesn't change the recruiting and training process very much anyway lol. Second, as a watcher, there would be no problem being sovereign of a faction (assuming you report abuse from those inside your faction the same as those outside it or enemies of course) However, as GM, you would likely (almost 100%) have to leave your faction altogether. A good role player could separate the two and remain fair, but even then there is simply too much potential for perceived abuses to occur, which is ultimately detrimental to the game, the players, and the GM team - BlitzCraig
Elder and sovereign of the Brotherhood of Steel

TrexApex

Post by TrexApex » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:24 pm

My Main Account is TrexApex. Never been outlawed but if I have to I only do for self defense or for killing campers who kill lots of people. I want to be GM because I wish to make the Game enjoyable for others. I'm 19. I will help those in need of people being treated unfairly. I play the game 6hrs a day so I'm active, I report bugs players have noticed or seen, I will also send suggestions from the people who play Omega Vanitas.I punish those who break the rules or treating players unfairly. And I have never killed anyone only Enemy Npcs, and I never broken the rules I have read all and accepted the terms. I take a Oath of using my power responsible and to not abuse it. Sincerely, TrexApex .
The Wastelander.

TrexApex

Post by TrexApex » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:27 pm

Oh and I joined April 16 2017
The Wastelander.

TrexApex

Post by TrexApex » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:29 pm

People who wanted me to apply: Killazoo,Aegis, And RaleDRager
The Wastelander.

TrexApex