a new road to walk

As the description says!
Nat

a new road to walk

Post by Nat » Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:38 pm

Lore on character race(I AM NOT ASKING FOR A NEW RACE IMPLEMENTED, BUT YOU CAN IF YOU WANT){READ ONLY IF YOU WANT A LONG EXPLANATION OF MY CHARACTERS RACE ORIGINS,OTHERWISE SKIP FOR LESS READING}:Originally part of a close quarters combat program, developed by scientists of the European Commonwealth, the project collapsed as governments began to fall from the ensuing chaos, overwhelming the continent. Determined to defeat the communists, the United States “negotiated,” with the functioning governments to claim any and all conflict related research data, including the Vulpine. Giving the scientists an incentive to turn over all current subjects, and themselves to further improve upon the creatures, they were partnered along with researchers who were familiar with the FEV. The subjects taken were a disappointment, and served little practical use. Their behavior was more feral than human, but their intelligence negated mind-control implants, such as those used in Deathclaws in Communist controlled cities. Intervention by senior military personnel, ordered their termination upon these discoveries, though encouraged all those involved to revise it for a better suited purpose. A new effort was launched, with the goal in mind not to take advantage of the creature's ferocity in battle, but its perception and subterfuge potential, a perfect scout for the Gobi campaign and other theaters. Only the most loyal civilians and soldiers were chosen to be used, though some others may find a similar fate if their genes proved too opportunistic to
ignore. Unlike previous attempts, the personality and intelligence of the person had to be retained. Even the slightest bit of feral behavior lead to their termination. After much trail and error, this goal was reached with individual being full aware of themselves. Six variants were created, to be tasked with the different theaters. None made themselves known to the combatants as they functioned only as scouts and snipers. While successful, some genetic variations were kept a close eye on for diseases or other dangers The Cyan, for example, retained the person's intelligence, but their personality could in some cases become polarized. The Corrupt was the result of using a sub variant of FEV, and only proved useful interrogating prisoners. Field use of them often revealed themselves through their glow. All this came to an end with the Great War, with most deployed troops left to an unknown fate. After the bombs fell, those still in facility would leave and form tribes, or wander as hired assassins. Some tribes unfortunately gave into a few of their feral tendencies; stalking and hunting whatever suit their needs. Whether a Brahmin for meat, or a man for a mere flask of water. Some tribes would set aside their weapons in favor of using their canines. Nonetheless this thankfully was a rarity. Most tribes often sent members out into the wastes to understand the spectrum of war and politics, some however would not return. Preferring the adventure they had found.

(link to the mod where I got the lore from if you wanna use it in your game, if you want this link removed or just replaced with a basic name of where I got it from please notify me, i want the lore in here for OC and RP purposes only):Link removed - _Yfars_

intro story: i wake up with a banging in my head lying on my back on the road, i sit up and put my hand to my forehead, and try to assess my situation, first i observe that my pip boy is broken, repairable, but near scrapping point, i'm going to need to scavenge for electronics and plastic, maybe a few batteries if needed, and it seems I've been stripped of my belongings, only wearing tattered clothes, i try to remember how this may have happened, looking back to the most recent memory, only able to remember my adventures in Nevada, no clues as to where i am either, but only a clue to how i got here, slave chains, it's possible a faction I've become enemies with mugged me and knocked me out, and selling me as a slave when i was barely conscious, i assume in that half-conscious state i was in i managed to escape, i settle on that possibility till more clues come up, i get the sense i'm being followed, so i start running, following the only path i have available, the open road, a path I've walked countless times each time finding a new adventure, it seems I've found the next, i may not know how i got here, or where i am for now, but my name is Nat Renard, and wherever i go, i leave a footprint of light and justice in my wake, and leave a mess of viscera and bloodshed who try to cross my path or put an end to my travels, that i can assure you
there's weirder things out there than a bipedal talking fox,
it's a wild wacky wasteland out there, trust me, I've seen freakin aliens.

(Note: not a furry, just an anthro OC enthusiast and roleplayer now)

Nat

Day 2 in the world of omega vanitas: reminiscing

Post by Nat » Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:23 pm

Following the road before me i find a small settlement in what appears to be an old gated rest stop….i get some wierd looks from the locals…some even speak trash about me, things like “who dragged in the fox?” “Is that some kinda ugly version of a mutant?” And “who lost their pet fox, seems it’s mutated”, i ignore these people and start looking around for a few jobs to earn whatever currency is in use in this land…as i’ve tried offering a few caps i had left and was refused by the trader…i learn they use these things called chips…after doing a few item grab jobs and searching the nearby wastes for scrap…i’ve finally have enough to fix my broken pip boy…i head to the settlements local workbench…and begin working on my pip boy…as i open the case and start fixing it…the first of memories floods my brain…my old companion…and maybe oh so long ago my love…willow…a vulpinie like me of the desert variation…as i was walking down the road to find benny…i come across a camp tent…curious as to whether it’s abandoned or not i enter…and find her in distress…she had been robbed of her rifle “beauty” and…embarrassing for her to say it…her plushes? Strange i know…so i go off to find her stuff…while she accompanies me with her pistol “shorty”…as we find the people who robbed her…i began unloading my caravan shotgun onto them…while willow begins shooting them as well…soon she runs out of ammo and screams…and then runs…i continue to unload the shotgun into them…soon they’re laying on the ground…dead…i find beauty and one of her plushes…but the second one is knowhere to be seen…i return her rifle and the plush…and ask her why she wan away…in which she simply tells me she can’t fight unarmed…i ask where the other plush could be…and she tells me she might have an idea…a ghoul she was travelling with at first…when we reach the place she said he could be at i ask around…only to hear they’re at the repconn research facility…and then we’re off again…when we reach it we come across a few feral ghouls…which we deal with quickly…yada yada yada…in the end…i find the other plush…and get a furry friend too..no i don’t freaking mean willow…the dog travelling with the ghoul…JT…as the memory fades something drops outta the case of my pip boy…a walkie talkie…i recognize it immediately…it’s the one willow gave me…she must’ve hidden it in there when i was sleeping or something…a note as taped to the back of it…it read “i will find you again…if it’s the last thing i do~love, willow” i try turning on the walkie and try to talk in it “willow…can you hear me?” No response…only static…need a better signal…need to go to the highest point in wherever i am…maybe then i can reach her…hopefuly she can track me down…i smile…i have a sliver of hope in this unforgiving wasteland…and i’m gonna make sure i hold onto it tightly…with pipboy fixed and a bit of chips in my pocket…i set off to get stronger and hopefully find a decent weapon to keep me alive
there's weirder things out there than a bipedal talking fox,
it's a wild wacky wasteland out there, trust me, I've seen freakin aliens.

(Note: not a furry, just an anthro OC enthusiast and roleplayer now)