Double check for releasing bought pets

If you have ideas to improve this great game, post them here!
KellDran

Double check for releasing bought pets

Post by KellDran » Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:54 am

I had bought a pet in the shop, the sturdy bot, and was trying to remove the other pet I had so i could make a robot. They were close together and i didn't want to move for risk of spawning enemies. I thought I had the right one clicked but apparently i was wrong as i watched the sturdy bot disappear.... I am not asking for a new pet item but can we please have a secondary "are you sure?" when releasing purchased pets, or maybe can they go back to an item since we are literally spending real life money for something that can go poof?

I just think there should be an extra step to avoid accidental releases, only for the purchased pets. It upset me cause i had just bought it less than 10 minutes ago from when it happened

Yfars

Re: Double check for releasing bought pets

Post by Yfars » Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:59 am

I do not think that in this case it would somehow help you, because you thought that you were doing everything right and still completed the selected action to the end
Yfars : Game Administrator (GM)
Languages: English, Russian

Game Rules:
http://ov.dmgamestudio.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=151
Discord:
Yfars#2610
Official Discord server: https://discord.gg/omega-vanitas-official

KellDran

Re: Double check for releasing bought pets

Post by KellDran » Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:43 pm

Yfars wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:59 am I do not think that in this case it would somehow help you, because you thought that you were doing everything right and still completed the selected action to the end

The pet i was trying to release was not a real money pet. just a hireable one, which wouldnt have made me upset....

but i had to spend again to rebuy the pet i just bought because theres no seperation between the two.

It follows the same lines for accounts. With certain things there should be double checks, then if it happens it IS OUR fault... but not having an secondary when you know people make mistakes is just plain lazy imo.... This has been a problem before im sure as pets occupy the same square sometimes

It would, cause i would have then realised it was the wrong
one... Unless you have a better option for accidentally releasing a pet you spent money on.... Like i said i know im not getting it back, sucks to lose my hard earned money but you know, cant go giving free shit (although i did pay for it) Or If a person owns a house or a bank, release it to closest bank? That would also allow people to save their pets before they die, due to other people bringing lots of mobs accidentally.

I dont think adding a second "Are you certain?" ONLY for bought ($) pets. So theres only what 10 pets you can buy? just add the code to those pets.