Please read carefully the following news, because...
... the trade system has been drastically changed!
It's a big news, please read carefully, and try using the new trade system with friends to be certain you know how it works.
The trade offer is shown as a message icon in the other player's menu. When the message is opened, both players enter the trade window.
In the area marked 1, you can see what you are offering to the other player.
Click on one of your items to add it to the trade.
You can trade MORE ITEMS AT ONCE!!
Click on the chips icon (marked 3) to offer money.
BEWARE OF THIS - the new trade system is different from the previous one.
Each player offers something (items and/or money) and then they both accept the trade.
If you write a money amount, you are paying the other player the money!
You cannot ask a price in the trading window. The chips button offers chips, it does not ask a price.
In the area marked 2, you can see what the other player is offering you.
When both players have set their offers, the trade is defined. Click on the square marked 4 to accept the trade.
When both players accept the trade, the trade is performed.
If one of them changes the offer, the acceptances are removed and the new offer has to be accepted.
If one player clicks the bacl button and exits the trade, the trade is canceled.
This is a huge change!
Be certain you understand how it works, before trading!!
Some basic tips
- When the trade window pops up - check the player name you're trading with first. Make sure you're not giving to the wrong player!
Most importantly - DO NOT HIT YOUR CHECKMARK UNTIL YOU ARE OK WITH THE ITEMS IN THE TRADE.
Any changes in the trade should uncheck the checkmark; however, if you put items up for offer, then hit the checkmark, the other player could get them for free, so beware. Make sure you're fine with their offer before you hit that checkmark!!
- Each player is limited to five types of items per trade... however, items will stack, so you can trade multiples of the same item
Keep in mind your pack space - if you get more items in a trade than you can hold, they'll appear as drops.
- Also, this trade mechanism will only be available between clients of this version and up - trading with someone with an older client will use the older trade mechanism.
Both mechanisms start the same way - select a player, offer to trade, and they select the envelope to see the trade.
- You can hit the back button at any time to cancel a trade.
If you're unsure of the trade, hit the back button
- If you enter the wrong chips amount, just select the "offer chips" button and enter the correct amount.
The new amount should become the current one. It should not add to it. i.e. First you type in 500, then you type in 1000, the amount should be 1000, not 1500.